Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: servo burnt up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default servo burnt up

Okay so this week has been really nasty to me. I have had 2 7955tg blow up on me. The first one was a motor that went that was brand new. No big deal they have a new one coming to me.

Well today i get my new chassis on my bully rig. Everything rewired. And i see being i run a bec i have my red wire taken out from the esc. Well i said the way i have my punk dig mounted and the reciever i should heat shrink that wire. Well i forgot.

Well i think what happened is during testing in my yard. the red wire hit the dig unit. The wierd part is how did this cause the servo to burn up. It melted the casing and circuit board.

I noticed i was climbing a wall. And the whole car just shut down. I looked at my fx-r and seen all lights red. Was like take the battery off. As i was about to do that. I watched the servo go up in smoke and a hole burn on the back side of the case where the screws are.

Could this be the cause or is there something else i did that could be the cause of burning up servos.
boostedg60rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Thats been most of my experiences with Hitec servos. Not bashing Hitec as Im running one on my LCC now and I have had a few good experiences in the past, but I just dont think they are made as well as some of the other companies. We had a lot of issues with their servos at the shop I ran. Im sure a lot of those were due to user error, but we didnt have nearly as many issues with futaba and KO propo stuff. My futaba and KO digital servos are WAY smoother and more precise than the Hitecs digis that Ive used and have now. make sure you have your endpoints setup correctly and make sure your steering isnt bound up due to a bad rod end or stuck knuckle bushing. That stuff will kill a digital servo quickly. I do have to say that Hitec's customer service is one of the best that I ever had to deal with and they always made the issue right.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

yea i dont believe it is the hitec servo. As i use them in alot of other stuff with no problems at all.
boostedg60rado is offline   Reply With Quote