Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Rooster Cralwer ESC/CC BEC and FM radio - tons of glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rooster Cralwer ESC/CC BEC and FM radio - tons of glitching

OK... I have been working on this relentlessly now for a week trying to nail this down.

Setup: Rooster Crawler ESC, Integy 55t motor, CC BEC @ 6.0, JR FM XS3 Tx, R300 Rx, JR z590m dig servo, Hitec 645MG steering servo and a 3300Mah 7.4 NiMh.

Before the dig upgrade, this thing worked flawlessly. No glitching to report of.

Installed the a new dig, wired it all up with some new deans everywhere. That is when the glitching started. Unplugged the dig, same thing. Check all ths solder jobs, they look fine, in fact better than before. Buddy of mine ordered a rooster crawler esc before I got my dig. It was here NIB, so I tried that. Nope, same thing. Posted up in the formers to show off the new dig, and ask a couple of question and everyone said get a CC BEC and it should go away. Got one today, set it to 6.0 amps. Installed it. Folloed the CC diagram; unplugged/cut the red wire coming from the ESC to the Rx. Set it all up, same thing. Tried different FM channels, same thing. Reprogrammed the ESC, same thing. Check the charge on the Tx batteries; good. recharge, same thing.

I am about to pull my hairs out fighting this. Any suggestions? Any ideas? Any fixes? New Tx/Rx and go 2.4Ghz? New ESC, CC Mamba Max or Sidewinder since I have the stupid CC software now?

Anything that can help me point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have searched and searched on here and Novaks site... I don;t think it;s the ESC since I tried a brand new one.... but.... ughh....

Thanks!
SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Make sure your BEC is at least a inch plus away from your reciever, same with the esc.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I started with a rooster crawler esc in two of my rigs and always had glitching problems at low throttle and sometimes with more throttle So I got the Tekin FXR esc's and they work perfect. You can try to ask Novak they would know. Hope this helps.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
Make sure your BEC is at least a inch plus away from your reciever, same with the esc.

ohh yeah - I made sure to spread everything out and same thing... all of the caps look good... at least they don't seem to be buldging or anything.

SS
Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
I started with a rooster crawler esc in two of my rigs and always had glitching problems at low throttle and sometimes with more throttle So I got the Tekin FXR esc's and they work perfect. You can try to ask Novak they would know. Hope this helps.

Were you using a 2.4GHz system, or an FM system? Don't want to upgrade the ESC if I am going to have the same problem if I am still using FM.

SS
Old 07-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #6

Default rooster?

I was told if you are using the Rooster esc there is no need for a bec? Been running mine fine without one? Just a thought maybe if you took it out that might help some.

EDIT: Check out the link no need for bec? http://www.teamnovak.com/products/es...ler/index.html

Last edited by Chelu915; 07-20-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Chelu915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelu915 View Post
I was told if you are using the Rooster esc there is no need for a bec? Been running mine fine without one? Just a thought maybe if you took it out that might help some.
The internal BEC is only rated at 5 amps. Running with out the CC BEC was better, but it still was glitchy.

I'm about to either get a new 2.4Ghz Rx/Tx and/or a new ESC... Though i don't really want to drop that kind of cash; but if that is the only way to solve this, I will be left with no choice.

SS