Exclamation Turborix 2.4G 6 Channel Digital Proportional Radio Gear

does anybody know if this has 3 pos switches for dig
http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail....cps61206_61411
or will the HDX6i work for me
dunerdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I've just got one of these today - not had a chance to try it yet. It only has 2 2-position switches and 2 rotary knobs.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of the channels can be converted to work as a 3-position switch. It's my intention to convert the Turborix into a wheel/pistol Tx over the few weeks or so. The mods I'll try and include are all forms of 4ws and at least one 3-position switch. Keep your eye on my thread "6ch Tx - a cheap alternative", which I'll be updating as the mods proceed.
clockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

same as http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...x_&_Rx_(Mode_1)

i really enjoy mine i picked it up orginally to use with my scaler then started to learn to fly and it controls my foamy great. my buddy actually deconstructed his. tor it apart and put it in a old airtronics pistol grip radio to run his scaler and i think his boats? they work surpriseingly well and the software is a must if you plan on setting your epas and what stick does what.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Playing with mine - first impressions are it's a piece of junk. Possibly the worst software and manual I've ever had the misfortune to use.

Channels 5 and 6 appear to do absolutely nothing.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

lol you have to switch the modes. true the software leaves alot to be desired but for a cheep spectrum radio its actually alot of controlability. i dont remeber which one we set mine up with but i do know that none are set up right now for a 3 psotion 3rd channel but it can be done ill see if i can find his thread on how nsr_civic did his. the raneg on these things are awsome. these are air radios so they take a bit more programming to work with our crawlers
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

cheap 6ch 2.4ghz radio heres his thread pm him for more info im sure he will be alot of help since he helped me set up mine and the are pretty much the same radio
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I saw that thread and posted in it a few weeks ago, but nothing could prepare me for how bad the software is!

I've figured out that channels 5 and 6 can only be used via mixes. Every other plane and heli Tx that I've seen has at least an on/off switch for channels 5 and 6 - no need to waste mixes.

So, we're effectively left with a 5 channel Tx for crawling - 2 mixes used for 4ws and the 3rd mix to make channel 5 actually do something.
The spare channel from the 4 main ones (probably channel 3) can be turned into a 3-position switch if required.
Channel 5 can be used as a 2- or 3-position switch.

With a bit of lateral thinking, it looks like it can be used to give me all the functions that I need, so I'll make sure it works with the Rx, then rip it apart and start the mods.

I suppose it's better than a basic non-computer Tx. At least the EPAs seem to work. With a little more thought by the manufacturers, it could've been so much better - I've been spoilt with my DX6i and Futaba 7C. For half the price of a Spektrum Rx, I suppose I was expecting too much!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

hehehe we did notice when you put in your own pots for the epas you can actually gain a farther throw. for 40 bucks its not that bad
Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

ive got all 6 ch. working on mine.. but granted i don't use a mix for rear steer.. i replaced ch 3&4 w/ 3pos switches and ch 5 &6 with 2 pos switches for now.. its way more then ill use in anything but i like having options!
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote