Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Getting 3rd channel on rc4wd radio to work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Getting 3rd channel on rc4wd radio to work

i just got a rc4wd rock crawler radio and bought it for the 4 wheel steering options. the thing is i can't get it to work right. the first setting my steering works fine, the next all that changes is my steering goes the wrong way. the next setting after that it goes back to normal steering the correct way and the last setting does nothing. it should change to front steer or rear steer only or crab walk or 4 wheel steer. mine doesn't do this though it just stays on 4 wheel steering. is this something im doing wrong. do i need to program it somehow to make it work. thanks for any help you can give.
spdyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdyracer View Post
i just got a rc4wd rock crawler radio and bought it for the 4 wheel steering options. the thing is i can't get it to work right. the first setting my steering works fine, the next all that changes is my steering goes the wrong way. the next setting after that it goes back to normal steering the correct way and the last setting does nothing. it should change to front steer or rear steer only or crab walk or 4 wheel steer. mine doesn't do this though it just stays on 4 wheel steering. is this something im doing wrong. do i need to program it somehow to make it work. thanks for any help you can give.
Without digging around in my shop, so I am going from memory.

The third or fourth spot on the reciever is for the third channel. Which would be your rear steer servo.

When you flip the third channel switch it will allow you to operate the rear steer servo with the steering wheel on the radio.

Sounds like you have the front servo plugged into the rear servo slot.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

after reading your post i feel kind of dumb for saying this but i have my servos connected with a y-harness. i guess now i have a problem because i have my bec on the first channel my esc on the second and my servos with a y-harness on the third. that leaves the battery spot the only one open. i guess there no way to use this feature since all my channels are being used then. am i missing something or would that be correct?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Plug your BEC in the Battery port
Front Steering servo #1
ESC into #2
Rear Steering servo into #3

There is no need for s Y-Harness.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
after reading your post i feel kind of dumb for saying this but i have my servos connected with a y-harness. i guess now i have a problem because i have my bec on the first channel my esc on the second and my servos with a y-harness on the third. that leaves the battery spot the only one open. i guess there no way to use this feature since all my channels are being used then. am i missing something or would that be correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Plug your BEC in the Battery port
Front Steering servo #1
ESC into #2
Rear Steering servo into #3

There is no need for s Y-Harness.
Thank you sir. Yes no y harness is needed.

You have the all black radio right?
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

yeah its all black. i'll try this out and see how it works. would be great to get my steering options to work since thats what i bought this radio for. thanks!
Old 07-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

work like a charm. the only thing is the crab and the 4 wheel steer are switched on the remote. not a big deal, just happy its working. thanks for all the help.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
work like a charm. the only thing is the crab and the 4 wheel steer are switched on the remote. not a big deal, just happy its working. thanks for all the help.
Reverse the rear servo (channel 3). That'll swap the 2 4ws modes around.
clockworks is offline   Reply With Quote