Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: noob esc/lipo battery Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #1

Default noob esc/lipo battery Q's

Hey guys, im getting my 1st electric crawler- an ax10. I want to use an FXR esc, motor combo w/ ckrc's 3s lipo & a hitec 7955 servo -(333oz or so). Also, I've been reading up and i see some people are using a "bec", so do i need one too with this setup? I don't know much about lipo either, but thats what people are telling me to use, & im suppose to get a balancer too javascript:popupWindow('http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=90')
...will this equinox lipo balancer do, & how do I use this thing? Is it the kind that you plug into the battery before charging? I have a mrc superbrain 977 charger. THX!
w8rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Seeing that your new and your post went right to the second page...let me give it a shot...my posts are in red.

Hey guys, im getting my 1st electric crawler- welcome...1st crawler..so what else do you have???

an ax10. I want to use an FXR esc, motor combo Axial..good choice, ESC good choice, you didn't say what turn motor you were using..my axial has a 35T with a 11t pinion..but I run a scaler.

w/ ckrc's 3s lipo had one...and toasted it..but I abused it in my brushless slash...kinda wish I didn't do that, seems like a good entry level battery...I use a 7 cell 3300 mAh by cheapbatteries.com.

& a hitec 7955 servo -(333oz or so). holy crap...lots of torque

Also, I've been reading up and i see some people are using a "bec", so do i need one too with this setup? on my crawler I have the MM and use the bec that came with it, and have no problem..but I don't have a 333oz servo either...are you doing comp crawling??? I just look at it that its more weight you have to carry around..but since I "bumped" your thread, someone else might come in and say that with that big of a servo..you just might need a external bec at 6V.

I don't know much about lipo either, but thats what people are telling me to use, & im suppose to get a balancer too javascript:popupWindow('http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=90') when charging with a Lipo you will get mixed responses for a balancer...I use one, they just plug into the little white plug that comes with all lipos and it does its job...by itself..while you charge...what people are telling you to use a balancer?? are they RC'ers??? or do they run motocross....cause if they are RC'ers, they are about the best info tank to run into...use thier knowledge...like here...

...will this equinox lipo balancer do, & how do I use this thing? Sorry...see above....don't know if the equinox is worth a darn or not.

Is it the kind that you plug into the battery before charging? Oops again..see aboveabove...

I have a mrc superbrain 977 charger. Does that mean you think your smart???? Ohh your charger is a superbrain...well I think your smart in asking the questions..to bad your thread got lost in the shuffle...hope I made sense if not post again and anyone else if I mislead here...PLEASE let me know....btw..I don't know anything about that charger..does it charge LIPO?!?!?!?!!?

THX! sure you bet......see you on the rocks
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote