Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Burned up cc bec, why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Burned up cc bec, why?

after i just got this thing running i go and burn up the bec. i had been running the truck for about 8 minutes when all of a sudden it took off at full speed. luckily i was right by the house so it just went up a wall and spun over so i had time to grab it and shut it off. now there is a burnt spot on the bottom of it and it won't power up. heres my setup.

cc sidewinder esc
cc bec
rc4wd rock crawler radio
2-380 banebot motors wired in parallel
2-1600 7.2v 6 cell nimh battery packs wired in series

the only two things i can think of is because i wired the batteries in series upping the volts to 14.4. the only thing with that is i thought the bec could handle 25.5v. do you need to program the bec for how much volts you are using?
the other thing i could think of is i set the motor timing to setting #1 lowest. i have brushed motors and just noticed the book says to always use setting #2 normal for brushed motors. could this have done it in?

would like to figure this out before my new one gets here and i do the same thing.
spdyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

after looking at the diagram on tcscrawlers website i think i may have just figured out what i did.

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Castle-Cr...r-p-16518.html

i wired the bec like it is shown on the card that ships with it showing 1 pack. i hooked up the positive with the positive for the esc and the negative with the negative for the esc. i wired it like it shows on the bottom right diagram that says never do this. wish it came with that diagram with the bec.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That still should only be 14.4v.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

im not sure how that really works. i have it wired just like the top diagram showing one battery pack which is the same as the bottom right diagram that says never to do. i guess i need to wire the new one as shown in the second diagram down showing two packs in series. not exactly sure how that changes things all i know is i did what they said never to do and i have a burned up bec. i just wish they had sent this diagram with the bec so i would have seen there is a difference in wiring a single pack compared to a dual pack in series. live and learn.