Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery questions & EVX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #1

Default Battery questions & EVX

I have a Maxx based crawler with two 55 turn Integys, an EVX and the single battery mod done. I am wanting to up the voltage to 9.6 volts (4 sub C cells mounted in a side by side config on the front axle). From what I understand from reading numerous prior threads (I did search first), the EVX will handle 8 cells with no problem will still using only the one battery connection.

I was just thinkig that if I undid the one battery mod and ran four cells to each input, then since the EVX internally runs the batteries in series, it would still show 9.6 volts to the motors and would likely let the ESC run cooler. I could still use a jumper I have to charge all 8 cells at once.

So what would be the pros and cons of either? It seems to me that using four cells to each input would be the best because of not overheating the esc.

Also, I am running an external receiver pack, with the red wire from the esc unhooked at the Rx.

And just curious how many cells could be run into the EVX withh the one battery mod?

One more question... The 55 turn Integy motors were designed to run at 12 volts correct? If not would 9.6 be OK?

Thanks for the help.
Rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #2

Does anyone have an idea?

Would I be better using 8 cells into one input or 4 cells into two inputs on the EVX?

My motors are getting too hot and I don't want to fry something.
Rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote