Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba Max will not link?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #1

Default Mamba Max will not link?

The steering works and the dig works but the esc will not link with my throttle position. I am using a FP3T transmitter and a FP-RCV3C reciever. The reciever is labelled B 1 2 3 4? I ve read on CC and nothing seems to work. Any ideas or information?
8wr_zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Download the previous version of software from Castle in to Mamba Max and it should work.

The lastest update available did the same thing to mine.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #3

Do i have to plug in the USB to be able to make it work? The cd that came with it will not download to my comp an neither does the one off the website???
Old 08-15-2009, 06:22 AM   #4

Ok so ive got it to link up with my computer i reset from the factory setting to my brushed motor. Still get the same thing everything works but my throttle/brake? Anyone else got any ides?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I couldn't find the old software in the site. Can you post up a link for the download please? I can't connect my BEC. I haven't tried my Max yet.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

If the TX is set for digital servos maybe the trouble.
meao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Have you calibrated the esc to the radio?

Make sure you have the throttle channel reverse.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
RCC Addict

sounds like you need to calibrate it. to do so make sure it is programed to brushed ,and the lipo cutoff are set for your application.

now if you have the switch wired still turn it off
1. turn on your tx
2. connect battery to your rig.
3. turn on esc
4. give the tx full throttleand wait for the green light to blink 4 times and make a sound
5.after the sounds return throttle trigger to rest or middle position. wait for noises in the center position and then apply full reverse.
6. after more noises, retun it back to center and it should be good to go.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

You also have to make sure that when you plug your castle to your pc, that your battery is not connected. You might also have to move some of the options in the Castle setup menu. i remember I had this problem as well.
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I was having the same problem with a dx3 radio. I finally got it working by increasing my throttle deadband.
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU2KRAWLIN View Post
I was having the same problem with a dx3 radio. I finally got it working by increasing my throttle deadband.

x2 worked for me as well
minisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #12

ok ive got the right settings for the ESC. Ive tried at least three different time to get the ESC calibrated to my Tx? I think my fpt3 is an older futuba model. Ive treid putting the throttle channel in the R position and still nothing. I guess maybe my Tx is shot idk. It works great on my Revo. So maybe i have the Esc in the wrong location on the reciever? The BEC goes into the B slot, Steering goes into 1, esc goes into 2, and my dig into 3, that sounds correct right? thanks for all the help so far yall.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #13

One more thing. So finally i decided that maybe the wiring was wrong (i bought it used). When i pulled the eletrical tape off the wires from the ESC to the Rx box the red wire is cut. if i remember right that has to be connected to link to my Tx corrrect? Or did i read that wrong? I just dont want to fry anything.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #14

ok so now the ESC blinks and makes noises but it still doesnt do anything with the throttle position. When i plug the battery in it wil beep three times quick flash red and grenn, then beep twice and then the green light will blink rapidly forever and no matter what i do with the throttle/brake position it does nothing? im lost?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Sounds like the previous owner was running a external bec which would explain why the red wire from the esc was cut. you need to re-install that wire or run a bec from the battery to power the reciever and the esc. If the red wire on the esc still has the connector on it you can plug it back in. Once you get that issue taken care of before you power up your esc you turn on your radio, hold the trottle at full pull and turn on the esc. Once it chimes go staight to full reverse, then after it chimes in reverse let go to neutral and that will calibrate you radio to the esc. Make sure you radio settings are zeroed out beforehand.

Last edited by goodoldlevi; 08-17-2009 at 09:28 PM.
goodoldlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #16

ok i will try that in a little while. Yes the PO wired in the BEC. I plug that into the slot on thr Rx that is labeled B correct? And how do i increase the throttle deadband? Is that on the Tx or through the castle link? Ok so i have it linked to the castle link. It has the transmitter calibration on the basic tab is there anyway i can reset that? Or is there anyway to find out if that calibration is far my Tx. Thanks for the help yall.

Last edited by 8wr_zj; 08-18-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #17

Is there anyway to completely reset a mamba max. I need to reset the transmitter calbritations? Is that possible.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #18

Default Wiring question

I have reconnected the red wire comming from the MM to the Rx (the PO had it disconnected and tapped up). But the Rx will not come active unless the external BEC is plugged into the Rx? Is this right? The battery is connected, but the esc isnt powering on? I think i may a wiring issue or something?
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #19

Well i figured it out! Looks like the PO wired the ESC switch together on the ESC board. Well the solder broke on one side and wasnt getting a connection. Well i bought a voltmeter and tracked down the short. Thanks for the help yall o and the ESC binded flawlessly with my Tx.