Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: mamba monster no worky worky help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default mamba monster no worky worky help please

well before i posted i used that informase search button i found a lot of similar problems but nothing like mine ,this is new mamba monster 2200kv first run it worked beautifully then i turned it off changed the battery , the only thing was there was a slight spark from the deans plug when i was starting too hook the battery up, i pulled the battery away every thing looked fine so i hooked the battery up no spark this time , now the steering works , the fan comes on, & the green led is blinking oh and it beeps twice when you turn it on that's it.
any help would be greatly appreciated
curtis
1buktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

are you running a 4s???if so thats deans is not enough connection. First I would run 6mm bullets. my friend just had this happen. He sent it to castle and the 1 of the caps were blown. I was starved for power. just my .02 cents.

this is why I love nitro
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Are your batteries the same amount of cells?.Your description isnt very clear but my first thought is that You need to calibrate your remote to the Speed control..Read your mamba manual,its all in there

Last edited by xv-townboy; 08-15-2009 at 04:11 PM.
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock addict View Post
are you running a 4s???if so thats deans is not enough connection. First I would run 6mm bullets. my friend just had this happen. He sent it to castle and the 1 of the caps were blown. I was starved for power. just my .02 cents.

this is why I love nitro
no i'm running 9.6v 4500mah stick packs, so i might have too send it in i was afraid of that.
thanks for the fast response
curtis
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv-townboy View Post
Are your batteries the same amount of cells?.Your description isnt very clear but my first thought is that You need to calibrate your remote to the Speed control..Read your mamba manual,its all in there
just 1 battery (8 cells)i will try it thanks
curtis
Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Have you set it up for that type of batt?.If its still on a lipo setting then the cut off wont allow that battery to work possibly..I use the bullets and deans on a 5,s set up with that same esc,the sparking isnt all that unusual for the Monster.Mine sparks all the time.

Last edited by xv-townboy; 08-15-2009 at 04:37 PM.
xv-townboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xv-townboy View Post
Have you set it up for that type of batt?.If its still on a lipo setting then the cut off wont allow that battery to work possibly..I used the deans on a 5,s set up with that same esc without problems.The sparking isnt unusual for the esc either,mine sparked all the time and still does.
well all fixed , just needed too be recalibrated , i haven't set it because i am waiting for my lipo to come in the mail , i am too lazy/not smart enough too change it back & forth, the sparking had me worried thanks for the reassurance on that.
thank sooo very much for all the help , you are a life saver
curtis