Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba servo help please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #1

Default Futaba servo help please.

Hi there. Been lurking on and off for a while. Website is great and I've gleaned a lot of knowledge. Thanks.

I got a question, though, and yes, I've seached. I want a Futaba S9157 servo, but according to their website, it claims only NiCd batteries. I'm running a 3S pack now. Has anyone heard anything bad when running lipos with this servo? Is anyone running it successfully. I have the FXR and a CCBEC running already.

Thanks in advance.
Jesse
HunterR198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterR198 View Post
Hi there. Been lurking on and off for a while. Website is great and I've gleaned a lot of knowledge. Thanks.

I got a question, though, and yes, I've seached. I want a Futaba S9157 servo, but according to their website, it claims only NiCd batteries. I'm running a 3S pack now. Has anyone heard anything bad when running lipos with this servo? Is anyone running it successfully. I have the FXR and a CCBEC running already.

Thanks in advance.
Jesse

This is the exact setup I am running. I dont know why they claim NiCd only though.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #3

Thanks. How do you like the servo. Have you ever used a Hitec? If so, how does it compare. Thanks for the quick reply, btw.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hitec's are a cheaper price but in my opinion, Futaba is a better servo. I can't seem to plug a Hitec in with out it smoking up, but there are lot's of people that love Hitec and will use nothing but.

Futaba warranty isn't the best "if" you ever need it. I have never had any luck with Hitec customer service and they screwed me out of a servo as well.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

They claim NiCd as it is a 6v servo so for a resiever pack you have to use 5s NiCd not 2s lipo like some servos. I have been using my S9157 with 3s lipo reduced with a CC bec no troubles at all. I have always loved futaba products and this servo is no different. 425oz/inch is awesome. Couldn't say on Hitec products, as I don't own any.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
They claim NiCd as it is a 6v servo so for a resiever pack you have to use 5s NiCd not 2s lipo like some servos. I have been using my S9157 with 3s lipo reduced with a CC bec no troubles at all. I have always loved futaba products and this servo is no different. 425oz/inch is awesome. Couldn't say on Hitec products, as I don't own any.

Kieren
That makes sense. Figured as long as I run the bec at 6V any servo rated for that would be ok. Just never saw any warning like that on any other servos. Thanks.