Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Any help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Any help please

I have a dx6i, a goat and i installed a cc bec, 7 cells, 361oz torque servo, and a dig with a mighty mini servo. and i thought that my servo was the problem, I swiched to a hitech 645 and it still does it, well it gliches and then works again but keeps doing that. i was told its because i dont have a bec well i have one now and it still happens
Help please

Last edited by Tyler Kadlec; 08-24-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Tyler Kadlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

"glitches and keeps going".... you might want to explain that in more detail.

Sometimes, you can load up the "system" bad enough that even the main battery pack voltage will dip lower then what the RX will work with. BEC and all will be pulled to low for the RX to work....

With spektrum stuff, when it's going through its power up sequence, it will go to the bind/failsafe mode. If this happens to be different then what the ESC was set at, it will sometimes make the motor "stick on" and run for short period of time while the RX wake's back up from loosing power.

So, if the Truck only does this after a bind/load on the ESC/motor/servo/what ever, then this may be the case. You can try running an RX cap, or look into a possible problem from the battery department. Lower quality nimh/nicd, or even super weak lipos will do this often.

Also, This just came to me, and it's in the BEC instructions, is to remove the "Orange" wire from the BEC Plug on the BEC. If not, it'll do some funky stuff to the RX. I don't know what, cause I alway remove the orange wire from the plug......
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Castle doesn't say to remove the Orange wire? That is just a signal wire. If you look at Castles drawing on how to hook up their BEC you can see that you clearly leave it connected.

What RX are you using? How do you have everything wired up? Did you remove the RED wire from your ESC after you hooked the BEC up? Make sure you don't have all of your wiring all wrapped up together. Make sure that you RX antenna is free and clear from everything else. Also make sure that your battery is charged!

Here is Castles diagram on how to hook up their BEC. As you can see the "Orange" wire that the above member is telling you to remove is NOT on your BEC, rather the RED power wire on your ESC! You don't want to send power from 2 places to your RX or you will fry it! If you wire up your BEC like they say to you will power your RX and servo with the BEC and the ESC will get it's power from the battery
Attached Images

Last edited by TattooKenny; 08-22-2009 at 03:18 AM.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Still is glitching
Old 08-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Just jump it!

When is it glitching? While steering with throttle and shifting dig or just trying to steer itself?
Are you using the ar6000 rec? I had mega problems with it!!
A pic of you setup might help one of these hawkeyes see something!
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

its the ar6100e reciever and when i do full throttle it cuts out, steer, and sometimes when i use dig, like even when im goin slow it does it too. the bec is plugged into the battery slot, esc in throttle, steering in aile, and dig in gear.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Castle has told "us" at our shop to pull the orange wire out with Spektrum Receivers cause it trips the Bind stuff or something.

I thought it was in the manual notes, but I could be mistaken, it's happened once before.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
Just jump it!

I run my servos directly off the bec instead of plugging it to the esc and that fixed my problem.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Well i got it fixed it was the battery, it was warn out i put a lipo in it and BAM it works fine.
thanks for all your guy's help