Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sidewinder Micro HELP PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Sidewinder Micro HELP PLEASE!!!

I bought a Sidewinder micro for my Losi mini crawler a month ago. I did the manual programming and it would not work at all on the brushed - reversing motor. I had the electrical correct (red & black no white) It just didn't work. I sent it back and they said it was bad so they warrantied it and sent a new one at no charge.

The new one I was super careful with on soldering and set-up. I also set it up for brushed - reversing motor. Programming went easy. It only jitters the motor in forward and reverse. I tried manually reprogramming, different settings like no drag and no voltage cut-off, even installed new batteries all the way around. It still just only seems to jitter in the direction called for. The motor runs perfect hooked to a battery or on my stock esc. Any idea's what I may be missing? Or do I have another bad one? Or is it maybe cause I am not using the Castelink USB set-up? I'm lost...

Any assistance is appreciated.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Did they fix the software to use red and black? Last I used mine it was black and white for brushed mode.

Jittering suggests it is still in brushless mode. A Castle link would be the sure fire way to know.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Did they fix the software to use red and black? Last I used mine it was black and white for brushed mode.

Jittering suggests it is still in brushless mode. A Castle link would be the sure fire way to know.
I used the manual setup using the radio. I set it up 3 times for brushed - reversing. It seems to be putting out pulses...I tried the black and white and it is the same. I do not have the Castlelink.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

If the black and white do the same thing, it is certainly in brushless mode still. I would say borrow or find a Castle link.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote