Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: FXR Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #1

Default FXR Problem

I have a Tekin FXR SC in my axial, has been a great ESC for the couple months that I have had it. The other day while testing things out the sticky tape on my switch gave up the ghost and my switch found its way to the drive shaft. Obviously the switch didn't make it, it left the wires in the ESC, just pulled the switch off. I put a new switch on it and when I turn it on only LED's 3&4 light up solid, no self test or anything. I have tried to do a reset and start from scratch but it will not reset either. Any suggestions on what may have happened or is it toast?
tjontherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The wire may have pulled something on the board. Give tekin a call. They are good on repairs.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I would imagine that just ripping the switch off the ends of the wires should have "no effect" on the actual ESC. Perhaps the switch you installed is not working correctly.

Try removing the switch and just connecting the two wires. If it works fine, then Voila, if not tekin tech support time.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #4

Yeah I already crossed the wires to eliminate the new switch being defective and I already have an email in to tekin but who knows when I'll get an answer. I may have to suck it up and go get another one so I can still play this weekend. I am leaving to go out of town Friday morning for the holiday so I doubt Tekin can do anything for me in that short of time. This sux, and to top it all off I am having an even worse day working on my 1:1. Man I need to get out of here.... Calgon take me away.... LOL
tjontherox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
The wire may have pulled something on the board. Give tekin a call. They are good on repairs.
My thoughts exactly!
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote