Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anybody know anything about this motor? Ironman by S&K Racing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2005, 06:31 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Anybody know anything about this motor? Ironman by S&K Racing?

I bought this motor when I was into electric RC's about 12-15 years ago for my old Monster Beetle. I only ran probably 10 packs on it. It was supposed to be a better motor for monster trucks at the time. I just figured that since it still runs perfectly, that if it'll work for my application, I might as well run it. I don't however remember anything about it or have the paperwork for it.

Anything anybody could tell me about it would be appreciated.

Here's a couple pics:

EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I have one too, it's got a Black end out though w/ 32's etched in it, in a couple spots. I don't no anything about other then that. feels "torquey"
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

S&K Racing is a small motor tuner based in a LHS in Indiana or Illinois (can't remember for sure). They just tune motors to try to get more performance out of them, but otherwise the specs won't be far from whatever they started with. I had 14x2 & 15x2 Yokomo-based motors from them, but the one pictured here is an Epic. On mine, the turns & winds (14x2, 15x2) were engraved on the brush hood heatsinks. Hopefully yours does too, so you can figure out if it will be ok with whatever ESC you want to use it with.
razer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer
S&K Racing is a small motor tuner based in a LHS in Indiana or Illinois (can't remember for sure). They just tune motors to try to get more performance out of them, but otherwise the specs won't be far from whatever they started with. I had 14x2 & 15x2 Yokomo-based motors from them, but the one pictured here is an Epic. On mine, the turns & winds (14x2, 15x2) were engraved on the brush hood heatsinks. Hopefully yours does too, so you can figure out if it will be ok with whatever ESC you want to use it with.
Thanks for the info. S&K has an Iowa address on the label.

Unfortunately, no engravings on this one. Since it was bought as a monster truck motor, I'm willing to bet that it's not too hot of a motor. I'll take my chances with it for now, and if it's too peaky, I'll just get a lathe.

Thanks again,

Carey
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote