Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: MX-3 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #1

Default MX-3 problem

OK I have a Airtronics MX-3 TX/super micro 3 ch RX that I need help with. I plugged the ESC into it and turn on the radio the steering wheel controls the throttle and the throttle controls the steering. I switch the plug around and it would not work at all. Sorry for the newbie questions.
jake8587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

ummmm.... you didn't switch them, all you did was put them back in the same slots. take red and blue tape, put red on 1 and blue on the other and switch the wire. and if I recall, airtronics/sanwa label there rx's
rock addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #3

OK I switched the sevor and ESC plugs between ch 1 & 2 and it is still not working propery. Just wondering now if it could be the TX programmed to do this? I just got the TX/RX, so I am not sure just yet how to program it.
throttle trigger = left and right
Steering input = foward and rev.
The Airtronics manual is , well lets just say lacking.
Not sure what is going on with it.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

What make/model of ESC and servo are you using? Is the RX an Airtronics? AM/FM/2.4?
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #5

OK, I have the Hobbywing EZRun 35A-SL ESC, HiTec HS-645MG, Airtronics 75mhz FM 92836 Super Micro 3ch.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ok, next questions. On the servo, you'll have a red, black and another color wire. What color is the 3rd wire, white or yellow?
With the two plugs (ESC and servo) next to each other, same orientation, how are the wires inserted into the plug, from left to right?

Has this combo worked in another radio setup? What brand radio?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

first off its a 27mhz fm system not 75, than i would start adjusting your trim on your radio(TX). i have had to adjust mine to a little above halfway. Get with the owners manual. the radio works very well for the crawling application. hopefully this helps.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The MX3 is available in 27 or 75mhz, AM(MX-3A) or FM, crystal controlled(MX-3) or synthesized(MX-3S). Mine is an MX-3S on 75Mhz.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #9

Andy,On the servor it is red,black. and yellow. With the ESC plugged in the wires are white,red, and black and on the servor plugged in they run yellow,red, black.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I swear there used to be two different 645's. One with a yellow signal wire, the other white. The only difference between the two was which way the servo arm was thrown when the trigger was pulled or steering wheel turned. They both will work with any radio system, it just depends on whether you'll need to reverse the servo from the transmitter or not. So wire color doesn't really matter.
Orientation does though. Signal/positive/negative is correct for the newer Airtronics receivers. There should only be one way they can plug in, but the connector is small and can be forced the other way. You should have the steering servo plugged into channel 1, with the signal wire on the left, and the negative wire on the right. Same with the ESC, in channel 2.
You aren't using an external battery pack are you? Have you tried one instead of using the ESC to power the receiver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake8587 View Post
I switch the plug around and it would not work at all.
Does this mean what rock addict said, you turned them around in the same slot? You may have fried the receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake8587 View Post
OK I switched the sevor and ESC plugs between ch 1 & 2 and it is still not working propery.
Define not working properly?

Last edited by Jeckler; 09-10-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #11

OK Thanks guys I have it working correctly now! I had the sterring servor plugged into ch 2 like in the owners manual for the MX3, switched it to ch 1 and everything is working. WOW I feel stupid never throught about the channel being wrong being it show in the manual plugged into ch 2. Thanks for the help!