Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Brushed vs Brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #1

Default Brushed vs Brushless

I am new to the crawlers and was wondering what the advantage would be to having the brushless motor in the crawler. Is it just for speed or is there another advantage? I know with the lower gearing it won't get up and go like my SC trucks but a little more speed would be great.
throwinrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the brushless will give you more speed, and some people like that, but a brushed motor will be alot smoother on the throttle curve and give you more controll, a good quality hand wound ( holmeshobbies , tekin pro) in the 35t range on 3s lipo will give you plenty of wheel speed and be nice and smooth..

just my $.02
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #3

right now i have the novak crawler with the 55t motor and it is snail slow with a 4500 NiMh. I put a 2s lipo in it and it is a little better but not much. I am thinking about a BL with a 13.5t. And I can run either my 2s or 3s. How does that sound?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

i think once you get to that low of a turn your gonna loose any crawability of the truck, sure it will be fast but thats not the name of the game.

unless your more after a rock racer then a crawler... and BTW batter Mah effect run time not speed, the 2s got better cuz the stick pack was 7.2volts and the 2s was 7.4 , volts = power, mah = run time.. and your esc wont work with brusless or with 3s

here is a HH 35t hand wound on a 3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_muTp08x7I&feature=fvsr

plent of speed and definatly a part breaker if your not carful

Last edited by ultimate_monkey; 09-09-2009 at 02:30 PM.
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
i think once you get to that low of a turn your gonna loose any crawability of the truck, sure it will be fast but thats not the name of the game.

unless your more after a rock racer then a crawler... and BTW batter Mah effect run time not speed, the 2s got better cuz the stick pack was 7.2volts and the 2s was 7.4 , volts = power, mah = run time.. and your esc wont work with brusless or with 3s

here is a HH 35t hand wound on a 3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_muTp08x7I&feature=fvsr

plent of speed and definatly a part breaker if your not carful
thanks for that info. I came across the 18.5t and it did seema little low to me and now I know for sure. I'm not looking for a lot of speed just a little more as i run on the flat ground. I see that my ESC now will only run the 2s so I havn't used it with my 3s. I will replace both ESC and motor at the same time. I will check out that video when i get to my home pc.