Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: few problems please help me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Exclamation few problems please help me!

on my stock wheely king reciever and yellow xl-5 esc, gt550 motor and hitec 645 servo...
all so just put servo on axle with a plate over pumpkin with holes in each for corners then a top metal plate bolts onto it and traps the servo and it isn't to tight...
1: when i press steering the motor glitchs foward aswell as steering?

2: the power of the motor is faster and stronger in reverse

3:the stock servo only turned about half way left and half way right then normal so i got hitec 645 and now it only goes about half way each way then normal after two runs

i only just got it working after streching it and doing a flipped chassis use it once then stock motor went so put in gt550 then servo plays up so i got 645 and now this is started playing up.

its on the road to the dump i tell ya that now! ;(

please help me fix these problems!
stampedecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The reason for the motor being faster in reverse is most likely because when you flipped the chassis around you just reversed the throttle switch on the radio instead of swapping the wires on the motor try swapping the wires on the motor and then switch the throttle switch back to normal on the radio and see if that works for you. The rest of your problems sound like interference problems you might need capacitors on your motor if you don't have any and being that it is the stock 27mhz make sure your rec is not real close to your esc and servo sometimes that can cause glitches and make sure your antenea don't have any rips or tears in it.
landon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

1. The problem is likely wiring, check and make sure your antenna wire is not touching any metal or running right next to the ESC. I am assuming you are using an AM radio (TQ2/3 or stock HPI), make sure your crystals are seated. Also, make sure the connectors on the RX are seated.

2. The easiest fix for this is to recalibrate your ESC, you can find the instruction on how to do it in your XL5 manual, if you don't have one go to Traxxas.com.

3. You moved the servo, make sure your geometry is right (going through this with my scaler right now), your drag-link and your servo link should be parallel when the wheels/servo are centered.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

thanks, i will try these but the servo only turning a little is still unexplained?

ill see if it works after doing all of the stuff you two legends said ;)

cheers!
stampedecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote