Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: What Lipo balance adapter do I need?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What Lipo balance adapter do I need?

I was just given a Losi 5000mah 2 cell race pack. Only problem is that I have an Electrifly Triton EQ charger and the balance plug doesn't fit either of my boards. One board is for Electifly and the other for Flightpower/Thunderpower. If someone could point me to the adapter I need, I would greatly appreciate it! Hopefully someone like Holmes carries it cuz I need a few other things as well! Heck, even Hobbyking would be fine since I need to order some batteries as well. Thanks.

Last edited by Sydwaiz; 09-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

A pic of what you currenly have would go along way in helping
RustlerHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Pick up an Astro Blinky and a Thunder Power adapter and you'll never need another balancer...ever

The Blinky fits almost every balance tap out there and the Thunder Power adapter will work on your Losi pack.

I've had mine for 2.5 years and I'll never use another balancer.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMRZ9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPUP3&P=ML
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
Pick up an Astro Blinky and a Thunder Power adapter and you'll never need another balancer...ever

The Blinky fits almost every balance tap out there and the Thunder Power adapter will work on your Losi pack.

I've had mine for 2.5 years and I'll never use another balancer.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMRZ9&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPUP3&P=ML
Not sure I follow. My charger balances so I don't want to buy another balancer if I don't have to. And I have a Thunder Power balance board but the Losi plug doesn't fit. The pin spacing is the same but the plug is different.
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm not sure which connector Losi uses , but you have 2 out of 4 already. If losi uses EH then buy that one for the EQ. If it uses HP then get that one.

One thing that doesn't make sense is that the xh,eh,hp all use the same pin spacing. TP uses the narrower pin spacing. A couple of pics I viewed look like they use XH taps , but that is one of the two that come with the T-EQ.

Last edited by floogldood; 09-13-2009 at 02:57 PM.
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
Not sure I follow. My charger balances so I don't want to buy another balancer if I don't have to. And I have a Thunder Power balance board but the Losi plug doesn't fit. The pin spacing is the same but the plug is different.
Your charger doesn't balance, it utilizes the board in line with it to charge and balance the packs.

Sounds like you may need a different board anyway, so spend the cash on a Blinky insted, and you'll never need to worry about whether or not a pack/tap will work with one of your balance boards.

The Blinky works independently from the charger...a lot less hassle

Last edited by CreepyCrawl; 09-13-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

His charger has a built in balancer. The board he speaks of is just a break out board that allows you to balance less than 6 cells at atime. The balance port on the charger is for 6-cell packs, and needs a break-out so you can plug in smaller packs. The breakout itself cannot balance a pack.

HOwever, I am sorry, but I do not know what adaptro you need. It's easy to make your own though. You just need a bit of bread board, and two sets of pins for it (1 input, 1 output). Then it will fit any pack, just like the astro blinky.
Spiftacu1ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiftacu1ar View Post
His charger has a built in balancer. The board he speaks of is just a break out board that allows you to balance less than 6 cells at atime. The balance port on the charger is for 6-cell packs, and needs a break-out so you can plug in smaller packs. The breakout itself cannot balance a pack.
My apologies...I didn't realize that the EQ had on board balancing.