Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo troubles...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Lipo troubles...

Hey guys I finaly got my scx10 together and have used it a few times on an old stick battery I had lying around till my charger got here... well I got it on Friday and decided today would be the day I figure out lipo...

Sadly I tried using the charger and the second I plugged it in it popped... I'm guessing a manufacturing error but owell I'll call them in a few hours when they open and see what they can do for me...

Before I tried using it I took the battery and charger to a LHS to see what they thought of it and the guy behind the counter was really worried about me using a battery that doesnt have the hard plastic case around it to protect it... He was telling me that the slightest bump could set the thing off... Was he just messing with me or is this true... I'm just confused because I thought I had seen people using these batts with out the case like I have before...

Either way I have got to return the charger and Im wondering if I should keep the batt and use it or send it back too and get one with the shell around it..? Could you guys suggest a good charger and batt that will give me a decent run time in a scx10 with a 45t novak and rooster crawler esc?

This is what I had ordered...
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...lancer/Charger

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=9172

I loved the price of them and someone suggested them to me in a seperate thread... Should I just keep the batt and wait the month it will take to ship it back to hong kong and get a new one sent out???
Veilside159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Keep the battery. You dont need a hard case to prevent it from blowing up.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

whats your take on the charger? Is it worth having them send me out a new one?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I actually really like that charger buddy got one, messed with it for a bit. Balances very well peaks good charges everything out there good bang for buck.
And no you dont need hard cases, unlesss your racing under ROAR/IFMAR/CLUB sactioning
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks man I'll tell them to send me a new one! now I hope it wont cost to much for faster shipping lol