Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: What do you think about the cheap AC/DC Balancer/Chargers and 3s lipo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question What do you think about the cheap AC/DC Balancer/Chargers and 3s lipo's

Hey guys,
Need some help if you have time. After a little over a year with my crawler, I'm finally switching to lipo's and need some opinions on a few things. I've been searching for a nice low dollar charger for a few weeks now. I've found the Thunder AC6,Sky Charger B6AC, GT POWER A6-D, iMAX B6-AC and the Elite 6i. I start thinking about it, I usually get what I pay for so talked myself out of buying one of the cheap chargers. I'm getting a Hyperion HP-EOS0606i now! I was good to go until I talked to Chris at CheapBatteryPacks.com, he told me the Elite 6i is his favorite charger. It comes with a one year warranty through CheapBatteryPacks.com and they have only had one returned in the time they have been selling the Elite 6i. Now IMO the SKY, GT Power and a few others are the some chargers with different cases as the Elite 6i. The thing I like about the Elite 6i is the warranty through CheapBatteryPacks.com and the good track record with Chris. Has anyone tried the Elite 6i? I have the cash to get the Hyperion HP-EOS0606i but why should I buy it if one of the cheaper ones will work for my needs?

Is there really any difference in the Lipo's? The Rhino 1350mah 3s 25c looks like a good battery for $11.79. There is al ot of lipo's on ebay and you get two for $30 shipped on there. So is there really any difference in the Lipo's? I think I'm going with the Holmes Hobbies 25C 1300mah lipo to start with but I was just wondering if there all about the same.

Thanks for any help...
Mike
Mikeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Just jump it!

Sound like you got the charger figured out.
I run these turnigy lipos.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._20C_Lipo_Pack
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s..._20C_Lipo_Pack

I have had great luck with them and the price is great. I have about 10 of each. Always balance charged after i run them and after about 4 months they are holding up great.

Last edited by rottenbelly; 12-21-2009 at 04:41 AM.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thank you for the links..
Mikeney is offline   Reply With Quote