Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hitec servo ? possible replacement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hitec servo ? possible replacement?

Holy mother of ..... at the torque on this servo http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHZS1&P=0Any takes on this? I am currently running the HS 5925 MG digital's front and rear and they still seem to peter out at times when not moving, However i am curious if this would be too much. I tend to notice that the body of my current servo's rocks back and forth a bit with the mount that came with my Gecko 60/40. I am curious if i would simply be wasting money on this and throwing all that added torque into twisting the mounting surface even more. Any of you tried this new servo and input your observations? the numbers look good but nothing beats real world use from people who do the same thing that you want to do with a product.
Tonsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I know someone has to say it, so here goes. Try the search. There it has been said, so now everyone else can just answer your question. I have read other post about those servos. Seems that a few people have toasted them. I'm guessing its the current draw or something. But since I don't have one I can't give you a definite answer.
mazdaparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i run that servo on the front of my maxx crawler. it seems pretty strong but it doesnt feel like 333oz of torque. i did notice a lot of power draw tho. overall for the price its i think it was worth it.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

the biggest problem with that servo is feeding it power. You will need a reciever pack or extra voltage regulator to run it, unless you only have one on a teken rebel 2 esc. Mine works great, strongest servo I have that isnt 1/4 scale.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #5

I think tower misprinted the specs. According to hitec's data sheet, it's 250oz-in @ 6v, and 333oz-in @ 7.2v.
JC Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

If you go to this link (hitec's website): http://www.hitecrcd.com/homepage/product_fs.htm

Click servos at the top, then click digital robot servo, it will bring up the 5995. Specs say "Torque 6.0/7.5: 333/416 oz"

(Sorry to take you through all the steps, but the site wouldn't directly link to the page)
SVEN is offline   Reply With Quote