Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hitec HFX-R esc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hitec HFX-R esc?

okay, so heres my dilema. well, i've known it for some time now, so its gettin close to that time of doin somethin about it. well, i just rescently wound myself a 70 turn motor, works fine, but i knew it would draw way too much amperage and not run with my esc, and thats what happend. so now im lookin for a new one and i've heard a lot on the tekin rebel 2, and the specs look pretty good on them, but its still $80. so i found this over at towers and besides the bec, it puts out alot of amps, that, and its cheaper then the TR2. and the reason for this post is, i'm wondering if anyone of you fine members here at rc crawler have used one of these and/or had the experience of running one, and if it's worth the $58. well, there it is, and thanks in advance for any helpfull information on this.
Amaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaxx
okay, so heres my dilema. well, i've known it for some time now, so its gettin close to that time of doin somethin about it. well, i just rescently wound myself a 70 turn motor, works fine, but i knew it would draw way too much amperage and not run with my esc, and thats what happend.
A 70 turn draws LESS current than a 27 turn.

Any car ESC made today will handle anything with 27 or more turns.

Sounds like your custom wound motor didn't work "fine". ;)
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

thats what i thought, about the esc any way. all the winds on the poles are tight, copper is showing on all three sections of the commutator, im stumped at this point. any ideas?? i guess ill start with the obvious and go through it again.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

yeah, got it to work now, runs awesome! went through the whole motor, once again, and found out that there was not enough copper showing on the comms. got more showing, dabed a bit of solder on it, and bam! 70 turns and it works fine.