Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: using TQ4 with 3racing winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #1

Default using TQ4 with 3racing winch

im going to use the 4th channel (3 position toggle switch) for my 3racing winch. will i only have to plug in the winch and go or will it be more complicated then that?

also is there anyway i could use the 3rd channel 2 position switch to turn on/off headlights? aside from servo operated switch
rhothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The winch is plug and play, i have the same setup and it works perfect. I also have the lights wired to a servo board so I can turn them on and off with the 3rd channel however my dad did it and I'm not sure what he did. I'll try and either get some pictures of of the setup or have him get on to explain what he did
BBCorvette18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have been using the TQ4 sense it came out and it works perfect ! You cant beet it for the price and ease of use, but if i was you buy the TQ4 2.4
82-Toyota-SR5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I should add mine is the 2.4 setup as well but i dont think the functionality would change too much
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #5

yep i already purchased the 2.4 tq4 and it is 10x better then the stock axial one that came with my tr. not a single glitch yet and now i can drive a block away and it still wont glitch, the axial made it mabye 25ft tops and even within 6ft it'd glitch alot. plus this radio has the dual ch1 input reciever for 4wheel turn which is an awesome feature.

cant wait to get my winch now!
rhothar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCorvette18 View Post
The winch is plug and play, i have the same setup and it works perfect. I also have the lights wired to a servo board so I can turn them on and off with the 3rd channel however my dad did it and I'm not sure what he did. I'll try and either get some pictures of of the setup or have him get on to explain what he did
I'd be really grateful if you could get a simpler drawing about that lightning your dad did on the servo boards. That would help me alot.
tarmo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo120 View Post
I'd be really grateful if you could get a simpler drawing about that lightning your dad did on the servo boards. That would help me alot.
Alrighty well he told me he doesn't know exactly how to explain step by step what he did. so hears basically what he did. he took the servo apart, and soldered the power wires for the lights to the servo board. the negative is in the middle and the power is on right hand side. These are the best pics i can get.

He said he then played with the potentiometer with it all plugged in until it worked and glued it in place.

Thats what I could get out of him. He said its pretty much a trial and error thing. Hope it helps ya out. if you want some different pictures of something let me know I'll do my best

to finish it off just put it back into the servo box and use electircal tape to tape it up and "waterproof" it
Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I think this is my last question. How many volts does it put out. I mean, can I just plug a 3V LED in there or what?
tarmo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

I wired up a bunch of leds on my honcho last night and I'm powering them off a 6volt x2 'aa' pack, I was wondering hte same thing, I might butcher a servo tonight and crocodile clip the output to hte feed for the leds and see what happens, it'd be better to power the leds off the truck battery than be constantly replacing AA batteries, also if I can turn them off / on via the TX all the better!
stutheitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo120 View Post
Ok, I think this is my last question. How many volts does it put out. I mean, can I just plug a 3V LED in there or what?
I have no idea honestly lol. All I can say is it powers the headlights and tail lights just fine in my wrangler

its the basic Tamiya light kit. But instead of using a jumper wire between the ESC and Battery we just hooked it through the receiver via the servo.

Last edited by BBCorvette18; 02-12-2010 at 11:43 AM.