Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: dig setup with dx3r question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default dig setup with dx3r question

ok, i just upgraded to a dx3r from the dx3e. I have the DNA dig. The dx3e has the option of 3p, 2p, and linear. I had it set up so that if I had it on 3p of course there was 4wd, free wheel(rear) and rear locked. On 2p I had it set up for 4wd and locked rear. I like this option so that when I use dig my crawler won't roll back at all when I switch the dig. And with 3P it does roll back, especially if i'm not fast enough at hitting the button twice.

now on to my question.......when I switched to the dx3r I wanted to do the same thing and on 3p the dig works perfect just like before but on 2p instead of 4wd and locked I have 4wd and free wheel. I can't figure out how to get it locked instead. It's also confusing me as to why the dx3e did this with no problem. I haven't changed anything so I have to assume it's an endpoint adjustment. I was thinking that if I moved the servo arm and expanded the endpoints that this would solve the problem but i'm afraid it'll mess up the 3p dig function. I do have the servo centered and at centered it has the dig in freewheel.

I did search for help with this on here, and it seems that most info that i've found is people using their 2p for 4wd and free wheel but I found nothing about it locked instead...........so is it possible or am is it going to have to stay how it is?

Thanks as always for any and all help.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

not sure off hand but can you reverse the 2p operation? Just as you would steering or throttle... Hope this helps.
mm3lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm3lee View Post
not sure off hand but can you reverse the 2p operation? Just as you would steering or throttle... Hope this helps.
I can definately reverse, i'll try it and see what happens. good idea, will be cool if it's that simple .....................well i did reverse it and all it does now on 2p is freewheel and locked rear but no 4wd lol

Last edited by James003; 02-24-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

still need help with this if anyone has any info please share.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Try adjusting the endpoints on the radio so that the dig servo moves the linkage to the proper position for the 2p 4wd or locked. Sounds like your servo isn't getting enough throw on the 2p setting to move the linkage all the way back to the locked position. Just be careful when adjusting the end points, do it in very small increments and watch for servo binding. You can burn up a servo in a matter of seconds if you run it too far out. Hope that helps.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

still haven't figured this out. when I set the end points for the 2 position it works but if I use 3 position it makes the servo throw even further and will definately fry the servo.

so if anyone has been through this and would be willing to take some time to give me some detailed info on doing this i'd greatly appreciate the help. I feel like i'm missing something simple. I had no problem with this when I was running the dx3e...weird.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
ok, i just upgraded to a dx3r from the dx3e. I have the DNA dig. The dx3e has the option of 3p, 2p, and linear. I had it set up so that if I had it on 3p of course there was 4wd, free wheel(rear) and rear locked. On 2p I had it set up for 4wd and locked rear. I like this option so that when I use dig my crawler won't roll back at all when I switch the dig. And with 3P it does roll back, especially if i'm not fast enough at hitting the button twice.

now on to my question.......when I switched to the dx3r I wanted to do the same thing and on 3p the dig works perfect just like before but on 2p instead of 4wd and locked I have 4wd and free wheel. I can't figure out how to get it locked instead. It's also confusing me as to why the dx3e did this with no problem. I haven't changed anything so I have to assume it's an endpoint adjustment. I was thinking that if I moved the servo arm and expanded the endpoints that this would solve the problem but i'm afraid it'll mess up the 3p dig function. I do have the servo centered and at centered it has the dig in freewheel.

I did search for help with this on here, and it seems that most info that i've found is people using their 2p for 4wd and free wheel but I found nothing about it locked instead...........so is it possible or am is it going to have to stay how it is?

Thanks as always for any and all help.
Just get an MOA and be done with it.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #8

i was wondering if there was any kind of dig speedo or something because i use an airtronics m8 and dont plan on getting a new one just for crawling at least not untill i get into it more so is there any option i could use with my m8??? someone plz help thanks....
rdeflayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by James003 View Post
still haven't figured this out. when I set the end points for the 2 position it works but if I use 3 position it makes the servo throw even further and will definately fry the servo.
Are you setting the endpoints all the way out when you're on 2P? I am thinking no....the servo will not throw any further in 2P vs 3P, unless the endpoints are different.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Are you setting the endpoints all the way out when you're on 2P? I am thinking no....the servo will not throw any further in 2P vs 3P, unless the endpoints are different.
i see what you're saying but when I set it up with the 2p i adjust the endpoints to where it needs to be and just enough so the servo isn't buzzing. this works great for the 2p. the problem is when i then want to use 3p the endpoints are way to far out for one directions.

this is mind boggling to me I think i'm going to try to find someone local that has experience with the dx3r that can help me hands on.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

You probably have to remove your servo arm and recenter it, then redo your endpoints. I wish it was in front of me, I'd fix it for you in a couple minutes.
RyansRubicon.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansRubicon.co View Post
You probably have to remove your servo arm and recenter it, then redo your endpoints. I wish it was in front of me, I'd fix it for you in a couple minutes.
Me too....come on down to Arvada lol. Actually I found a local guy on here that is willing to let me bring it over and he's gonna give it a try. I'll post up on here what the result is incase anyone else having the same problem needs to know.