Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Motor Question about 18.5 novak,21.5 novak, 18.5 Ballistic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #1

Default Motor Question about 18.5 novak,21.5 novak, 18.5 Ballistic

Running a Losi Comp Crawler (LCC) with current Goat 3s and Novak 18.5 (not ballistic). When rig gets in a slight bind it boggs bad. So looking into the Ballistic 18.5 and a 21.5 Novak. I need some opinions here on what to install tomorrow. Want something thats going to give me great torq and not bogg like the current 18.5.

Thanks,
YardFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I run a Goat 3s, with a 3s battery, and the Balistic 18.5/14T pinion. To sume it up in a word, AWESOME. You can put the 14mm rotor in your motor you have now. Or just get the Balistic, it is a nice motor, and you can change out the stator. What pinion are you runnig on your rig now? You may be able to drop a tooth or two and get more torque with what you have.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
I run a Goat 3s, with a 3s battery, and the Balistic 18.5/14T pinion. To sume it up in a word, AWESOME. You can put the 14mm rotor in your motor you have now. Or just get the Balistic, it is a nice motor, and you can change out the stator. What pinion are you runnig on your rig now? You may be able to drop a tooth or two and get more torque with what you have.
Its got a 14t on it now. It also has a 3s LiPo 30c 50 burst. Tonight it would get in a bind and would not pull itself out. The entire rig is only a few months old with just comp time. What Kv should I be looking for in a replacement? Do you think the 21.5 is over kill? The current motor will be going back to Novak for replacement and kept for spare, but for Saturday points series , need something that's going to work well. Tried different tooth ranges and still not pleased with the 18.5 Novak (silver and purple motor).
Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #4

Correction it was a 12t on it lastnight when it bogged so bad.
Leaning towards 21.5 Novak , what ya think?