Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 6ch stick or 3ch pistol grip?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 6ch stick or 3ch pistol grip?

I have a brand new DX6i (heli) with the AR6100e rx. My question is, should I use this for something or sell/trade it for a 2.4 3ch pistol grip? I currently have one scaler that I run with a losi 2ch 2.4. I got another scaler from a trade and it should be showing up this coming week sometime. The one I am getting has a winch on it so will need at least a 3 ch radio. I like the DX6i for its adjustability but would really only ever need a 3 ch. So basically how hard is it to setup the DX6i for crawling and what would be the advantages over using it other than a pistol grip? I doubt I would ever venture so far as to try and make a 6ch pistol out of it so thats not really an option. Although I do prefer the pistol grip but could probably get used to the sticks. Im interested in hearing your thoughts on this so let me know.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

A 6 channel stick radio will do lots more than any pistol radio (I have a 4pk and dx6). The problem with the sticks is they can be more awkward to use. the pistol's wheel trigger is pretty intuitive but if ya can run the sticks ya will have a lot more options.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

the stick radio could serve you well if you decide to get into motor on axle crawlers, or super class stuff. it also gives you options to run more stuff. with a 2.2 crawler for example you could run a dig and a winch down setup, lights, rear steer, ect. imo, if you are comfortable using a stick radio, go for it.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I may just give it a shot then. Guess I wont know how I do with the sticks until I try it. I do plan on getting a MOA one of these days so it would probably be more at home on that than in a scaler.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote