Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Integy brushless system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy brushless system

Was wondering if anybody new anyhting about or used this brushless system Integy ProSpeed Brushless System 1100kV Sensorless Rock heres is a link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYNZ7&P=7
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Dont buy it. Its the same as the EZrun crawler systems. The esc's are good but the motors are junk for crawling.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Good advise.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you're looking for brushless on a budget why not just get the rc4wd one for 5 bucks less? http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=951
sdcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

do you think the one from rc4wd would work for a lcc
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by passinby View Post
I'm not sure, as I have no exp with the LCC.
sdcrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
20K Club

Quote:
I wouldn't use either of those systems for a LCC. A decent sensored system would be the way to go.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Was wondering if anybody new anyhting about or used this brushless system Integy ProSpeed Brushless System 1100kV Sensorless Rock heres is a link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYNZ7&P=7

I don't know if the other folks that replied here actually own one, but I do, so here's an honest feedback.

1. Directions: they are crap. I figured out through deductive reasoning how to properly setup the ESC. If you do end up getting one, PM me and I'll tell you the proper way to set it up, otherwise, you may think that this thing is broken.

2. It's just an OK system WITHOUT the programming card. With the program card, it's actually quite a versatile and durable sytem. As per the bad directions, the stock program actually has it limited to 50% forward and 100% reverse with 4% drag brake. If you didn't get the program card, then you can just switch the black and red wires on the motor (as I did before I ordered the card).

3. This thing comes alive with the program card and a 3S LiPo setup. I have it in my SCX10 and depending on the terrain, you can have wheelspeed and smooth startup on steep climbs. You can also adjust the throttle deadband and drive frequency.

4. Typical drawbacks of a sensorless system--mainly, some cogging/stuttering on high amp-draw situations like getting your crawler bound up, but like I said, you can program the ESC to mask some of that so you know at least what to expect.

Here's what you can adjust on the ESC:

voltage cut-off
running mode (forward brake/ forward reverse)
motor timing
initial acceleration %
reverse throttle %
throttle %
max braking %
drag brake %
drive frequency (8khz or 16khz)
throttle deadband %

For $90 with the 1100kv motor, ESC, and program card, I think it's a steal. You can find higher kv sensorless motors on Hobby King as well as any variant of inrunner/outrunner sensorless motors. Also forgot to mention, the ESC puts out a good 6v so unless you are running a 1/5th scale steering servo and/or dig, you can ditch your external switching BEC (had a Castle Creations with the stock Axial ESC before). Good luck and cheers.

Last edited by K.O.M.; 04-08-2010 at 12:21 AM.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #9

Hey KOM...Sent you a PM for set up tips.

Thanks.
paba60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Official Cook of the ECC

What other systems have you tried to compare it to? A local guy had one and both him and I thought it was terrible. Stuttered alot on startup and just not that smooth. I am pretty sure he had the card with it as well.

And there is more to a BEC rating than just the voltage. That 6V bec is useless for higher powered servos. It only has a 1.5 amp output. That is useless. The fact that you think it has a great BEC makes me wonder just what kind of experience you have with decent elec. setups for our crawlers.

Plus....it is Integy. That alone makes it useless for me. Integy is a weak ass excuse of a company. If you want to get a sub-par ESC, get an original, not an Integy clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
I don't know if the other folks that replied here actually own one, but I do, so here's an honest feedback.

1. Directions: they are crap. I figured out through deductive reasoning how to properly setup the ESC. If you do end up getting one, PM me and I'll tell you the proper way to set it up, otherwise, you may think that this thing is broken.

2. It's just an OK system WITHOUT the programming card. With the program card, it's actually quite a versatile and durable sytem. As per the bad directions, the stock program actually has it limited to 50% forward and 100% reverse with 4% drag brake. If you didn't get the program card, then you can just switch the black and red wires on the motor (as I did before I ordered the card).

3. This thing comes alive with the program card and a 3S LiPo setup. I have it in my SCX10 and depending on the terrain, you can have wheelspeed and smooth startup on steep climbs. You can also adjust the throttle deadband and drive frequency.

4. Typical drawbacks of a sensorless system--mainly, some cogging/stuttering on high amp-draw situations like getting your crawler bound up, but like I said, you can program the ESC to mask some of that so you know at least what to expect.

voltage cut-off
motor timing
initial acceleration %
reverse throttle %
throttle %
max braking %
drag brake %
throttle deadband %

For $90 with the 1100kv motor, ESC, and program card, I think it's a steal. You can find higher kv sensorless motors on Hobby King as well as any variant of inrunner/outrunner sensorless motors. Also forgot to mention, the ESC puts out a good 6v so unless you are running a 1/5th scale steering servo and/or dig, you can ditch your external switching BEC (had a Castle Creations with the stock Axial ESC before). Good luck and cheers.

Last edited by Scattman; 05-25-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
What other systems have you tried to compare it to? A local guy had one and both him and I thought it was terrible. Stuttered alot on startup and just not that smooth. I am pretty sure he had the card with it as well.

And there is more to a BEC rating than just the voltage. That 6V bec is useless for higher powered servos. It only has a 1.5 amp output. That is useless. The fact that you think it has a great BEC makes me wonder just what kind of experience you have with decent elec. setups for our crawlers.

Plus....it is Integy. That alone makes it useless for me. Integy is a weak ass excuse of a company. If you want to get a sub-par ESC, get an original, not an Integy clone.
My thoughts exactly. And... It's actually a rebadged hobbywing, which is even worse than Integy! The motor and ESC are definitely not something you want to skimp on to save a few bucks. Spend the extra cash and get a good crawler set up. You won't regret it in the long run.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitewulfe View Post
My thoughts exactly. And... It's actually a rebadged hobbywing, which is even worse than Integy! The motor and ESC are definitely not something you want to skimp on to save a few bucks. Spend the extra cash and get a good crawler set up. You won't regret it in the long run.
Thanks guys...really appreciate the feedback.

Think I am going to try and cobble a VXL3s with a Novak 18.5 motor...The VXL3s is sensored...so I would think that would help with the low speed operation. I plan to use a CC BEC to power the servo with this set up.

This is for an LCC...
Old 05-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post

voltage cut-off
motor timing
initial acceleration %
reverse throttle %
throttle %
max braking %
drag brake %
throttle deadband %

I'm also running a ezrun 1200kv in my axial I have not had any problems with it and its my best set up I have used yet. I have no cogging at all geared it low as I could and it doe's just fine I got mine from hobbypartz for 62 bucks.
xips069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paba60 View Post
Thanks guys...really appreciate the feedback.

Think I am going to try and cobble a VXL3s with a Novak 18.5 motor...The VXL3s is sensored...so I would think that would help with the low speed operation. I plan to use a CC BEC to power the servo with this set up.

This is for an LCC...

That VXL speedo is proly worse with respect to programability than the Integy speedo. No drag brake, 3.5v lipo cutoff, and no programability! The integy one at least has drag brake... But the sensored setup (vxl/18.5) will have better low speed control thats it.
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Clod View Post
That VXL speedo is proly worse with respect to programability than the Integy speedo. No drag brake, 3.5v lipo cutoff, and no programability! The integy one at least has drag brake... But the sensored setup (vxl/18.5) will have better low speed control thats it.

Right...but don't need a drag brake with a LCC, right? ...and I'll be running an external LiPo cutoff...so I'll disable the cut-off on the VXL3S.

Bottom line is....I had a VXL system laying around...and got a great deal on a lightly used Novak 18.5 motor.

What the heck...if it's garbage...Goat 3S speedo to the rescue.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paba60 View Post
Right...but don't need a drag brake with a LCC, right? ...and I'll be running an external LiPo cutoff...so I'll disable the cut-off on the VXL3S.

Bottom line is....I had a VXL system laying around...and got a great deal on a lightly used Novak 18.5 motor.

What the heck...if it's garbage...Goat 3S speedo to the rescue.

Ahh, I missed the LCC part... Hope it works out for ya.
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote