Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 8711 losing power?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 8711 losing power?

i just upgraded from a 7955 to an 8711 because the 7955 would get in a bit of a bind and i couldnt get the wheels to turn when "i felt" they should have. now that im using the 8711 and i get the tires in a little bind or when the tires get atona grip it does the same thing. it seems to "run out" of torque when it should still have plenty. make any sense?? i would have thought that going from 333 to 403oz would have taken care of that problem. .. . the bec is new and i got the red wire taken off the esc plug and dono what else it could be. .. .any idears?? thanks in advance. oh yeah, dono if thisll narrow it down any, but im running a dx3R with a BR-XL esc and turnigy 4s 30c batts. .. .
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
i just upgraded from a 7955 to an 8711 because the 7955 would get in a bit of a bind and i couldnt get the wheels to turn when "i felt" they should have. now that im using the 8711 and i get the tires in a little bind or when the tires get atona grip it does the same thing. it seems to "run out" of torque when it should still have plenty. make any sense?? i would have thought that going from 333 to 403oz would have taken care of that problem. .. . the bec is new and i got the red wire taken off the esc plug and dono what else it could be. .. .any idears?? thanks in advance. oh yeah, dono if thisll narrow it down any, but im running a dx3R with a BR-XL esc and turnigy 4s 30c batts. .. .
What voltage is the BEC set at? Also with the ESC you have you really don't need the external BEC. Maybe try taking the ext. BEC out of the loop and hooking the speed controls red wire back in. If it shows any improvement maybe the ext BECs voltage is low or just not working properly. Just a thought.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
What voltage is the BEC set at? Also with the ESC you have you really don't need the external BEC. Maybe try taking the ext. BEC out of the loop and hooking the speed controls red wire back in. If it shows any improvement maybe the ext BECs voltage is low or just not working properly. Just a thought.
its set to 6.0v, and thats just the thing. when i was using the 7955 i didnt have an external bec and like i said it felt like it was losing power too quick, so i added the bec and when it still did it i just figured it was simply the lack of torque. and now thats its doing it with the 8711 which has alot more torque idono what it could be . .. . i guess i could try removing the bec still and see if that does anything. .. . thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

what steering setup are you using? can you post a pic
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Do you have your endpoints adjusted on your radio?
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have a 7955 on my LCC now. I was running a 8711 prior to this. I really don't notice that much of a difference in torque.

The 8711 I have has developed slop (servo arm moves back and forth) related to the middle gear shaft bushing wallowing out the plastic recess for it in the top case. It has done this twice in the last 6 months. JR repaired it (new case and gears) under warranty once. If you notice the slop starting, re-case (at least the top case) the servo. If you run it like this very long it will mess up the gears.
corkysk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol' gravy leg View Post
what steering setup are you using? can you post a pic
i am using the blc ota link with a short little drag link like everone else runnin it. i dont got a camera to take a pic of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
Do you have your endpoints adjusted on your radio?
yessir i do. .. .

idono what it could be, even if the bec wasnt "needed" that shouldnt really effect anything should it?? should just make it so its a sure thing that its getting the full 403oz of torque right??