Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery location and ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Battery location and ?'s

I have 3 rigs I am looking at buying some batteries from Chris at www.cheapbatterypacks.com . Please help me answer some ?'s

#1 axial w/ edge chassis and I am running a novak crawler and 55t combo. I have the servo on the left side and room for the Batt on the right I like the 7 cell 2\3a nimh wheel speed vut also like the lipos advantages too. I am not going to switch esc right now. So if I go with a 2s 25c lipo how would it compare to a 7 cell lipo? I dont want to run a 3s anytime soon due to sportsman class rules. should I run a lipo and switch to a 35t or 45t moptor?

#2 axial scx I am running a xl5 and 55t soon to be 35t motor. I amalso running the 7 cell nimh on that too. If I switch to a 2s 25c lipo and 35t do you think I will have good wheel speed? I am planning on using a lipo alerter with the xl5 too. Would I be better off staying with a 7 cell nimh. I can place the battery either on the front over the chassis with the stock battery tray or I have made a plate for the esc on the rear. What mah do you recomen for a scaler?

#3 is a mrc I am using a stock esc and slider motor. This has a full size sevo on theit and carbon fiber plate on the front. But I dont think it has enough room for a battery. I am currently runnig a 1320 thunder power lipo and love it. When I switch to a GK3 chassis what kinda room will I have to mount the lipo. A pic of this would be great. I am sure I may have to go smaller but let me know what you guys do.
bergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
dnf

you can run 3s in sportsman.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I dont think we allow it in our clubs sportsman cass but I may be wrong. But anyway I dont want to change out the esc until I need to.
bergy is offline   Reply With Quote