Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Throttle curve, brake curve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Throttle curve, brake curve?

I just got a castle link in a trade and im trying to figure out the settings.
its gonna go in my cc-01 scaler..

Im trying to figure out throttle curve, and brake curve. What is it? Whats the best setting for a crawler?
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the throttle cur is trtigger throw - power, is 0%trigger throttle = 0% power, all the way up to 100% that would be linier, but u can adjust it so at 50% throw u have 100% power etc and so on in any conbination... basically changes the the ration of trigger pull to how much power is delivered.

the brake is the same thing except for the brake, but since us crawlers have drag brake and reveres is kind of irrelivant
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

X2
Personally I make the curve climb really gradual (not steep) so you have more low end control. Then close to the end I spike it to the top so you can use max wheel speed when you need it.
Same goes for your brake/reverse curve. Make it less touchy so you dont lose your line but keep your full throttle at the end so you can use it when your upside down to get righted again.
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_monkey View Post
the throttle cur is trtigger throw - power, is 0%trigger throttle = 0% power, all the way up to 100% that would be linier, but u can adjust it so at 50% throw u have 100% power etc and so on in any conbination... basically changes the the ration of trigger pull to how much power is delivered.

the brake is the same thing except for the brake, but since us crawlers have drag brake and reveres is kind of irrelivant
I thought since we used reverse that the brake would effect the throttle in reverse. Maybe I am missing something here. If so does the reverse have a means to effect the throttle curves. I am more familiar with helis, but have been learning about cars.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i find with mine that there is a lot of deadband in the throttle. what i do to fix that is at 1% trigger i have around 25% throttle, so it will start the motor almost instantly when i get on the trigger. this will vary with different setups (even gearing will effect it) so it can take some playing around. from there i ramp it up to about 60% throttle for 75% input, then from there to 100% at 100% trigger. i find it works well to gives extra low end control, especially when you run 3s and a 35 turn.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
I thought since we used reverse that the brake would effect the throttle in reverse.

Wes
I've played around with the mamba max, and that is how it works.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxas4fun View Post
Im trying to figure out throttle curve, and brake curve. What is it? Whats the best setting for a crawler?
the brake curve will effect reverse.

It's hard to say what curve is ideal for a crawler....everyone is different. Even the slightest change in the curve, throttle or brake, will make a difference. A steep curve will be real "snappy" and less forgiving. That's typically how I like to set mine. Takes allot of trial and error, but the best thing is to just keep tuning on your curves till you find a set up you like.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote