Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: vxl lipo cut off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default vxl lipo cut off + another question

iv serached the forum and the net but cant seem to find the answer i am lookin for... at what point does the lipo cut off kick in on the verillion system? ie 3.0-1-2-3-4v etc etc per cell? i just picked up a slash with the system in it, i like it but i dont like to run my batteries down to the minimum 3v per cell.. so any one know at what point it stops?

and as far as batteries go would a 2250mAh 3S1P 30C pack be alright? or should i get the 2550mAh 3S 11.1v 40C? never run the vxl befor so im at a loss

Last edited by ultimate_monkey; 04-30-2010 at 10:26 PM.
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Get the biggest mAh and highest C battery you can afford and fits the car best, I'm going to get a ThunderPower 4400mAh 3s 45/90c pack for my VXL Electric 4-Tec and probably the 5000mAh pack version for my VXL Pede.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

yeah i know the run times will be short with the 2550, i was more curious as to would the 40c continuous be enough?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It might be ok, but when you increase the mAh, you also get a bump in the C rating so the higher the two combined numbers are, the more power you'll get out if it over a low mAh oe low C pack.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The VXL speedo lipo cut off is at 3.5volts/cell (90% sure) !!! Which is way too conservitive if you ask me.

I see no problem running lipo cutoff at 3.0 volts/cell in a slash, maybe a monster truck I could see upping the cutoff...
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Clod View Post
The VXL speedo lipo cut off is at 3.5volts/cell (90% sure) !!! Which is way too conservitive if you ask me.

I see no problem running lipo cutoff at 3.0 volts/cell in a slash, maybe a monster truck I could see upping the cutoff...

thanks, i just ran one of my old packs threw it and it looks like it cuts off at 3.4ish, when it swaps to 50%pwr and down at 3 it shuts off completly. i still think im gonna shove a MMpro in there, i like the adjustability of it. the VXL is my first "fast" set up in rc, up untill now its been all crawlers and lets just say i am the suck when it comes to driving this thing hah.

BJoe, whats the formula for figureing out the actual amp out put of a pack? i know its like C x Mah and somthing else. mind fillin me in lol?