Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Associated Reedy Flash 55X1 Crawler Opinions Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Associated Reedy Flash 55X1 Crawler Opinions Please

Hey guys was looking at this motor as an upgrade for my Novak fifty5 what do you guys think about this one?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6&I=LXTXG2&P=K

i cannot seem to find torque and rpm figures for the novak the specs for the reedy is as follows:

SPECS: Length: 2.6" (67.4mm) including shaft
Length: 2.1" (53mm) not including shaft
Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3mm)
Motor Can Diameter: 1.43" (36.4mm)
Max RPM: 9,600
Max Torque: 213N/mm
Max Power: 52.3W
Max Efficiency: 79%

opinions please
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well, it's a better teardown base, but its still machine wound, so reallly not a huge upgrade........

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
RCC Addict

yeah, for that price, i bet you could find a 35T warrior. at least that is a PROVEN motor.

actually, for that money you could probabally get a brood motor.... (haven't looked at eddie's site since he's been back...)

but, on another note, an Assoc./Reedy crawler motor????? is this a sign that they are going to be offering us up a crawler soon???
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't doubt it, but we will see...

Warriors or stuff from me will run you some more, but I do think JP has some Checkpoint based 55t or so for around 40 bucks.....check out his site...

Later EddieO
Old 05-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Actually, those have been around for a while now, likely at least a year. Pretty sure.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

could you guys give me some links to this eddie site jp and warrior motors? thanks for the reply you guys noticed the reedy is quad motor too right?

Last edited by vtek; 05-05-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The flash teardown has been available since like 2005 or so.....its fairly old. They just finally ordered some from sagami in crawler winds....

http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/Motors.html

His Warrior Max is what you want....same price and will blow the Flash away in a heart beat. The quad magnets are nice in the right application, but I am not a big fan of them in 50+ turns....even then, I can tell you there is NO way they will make up the difference of a machine wound arm vs a handwound arm like the warrior has.

I make the JP motors, so feel free to order from him, as my site is still getting put back up.....hopefully this weekend!

Later EddieO
Old 05-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtek View Post
could you guys give me some links to this eddie site jp and warrior motors? thanks for the reply you guys noticed the reedy is quad motor too right?
Quad magnet. Instead of two magnets that wrap around the inside of the can, they are segmented. Helps torque at low RPMs.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I never noticed additional torque at low RPMs with a quad mag.....never heard that as a benefit either. The big thing with them is more power in the mid and high range, plus they had less of a cogging effect.....in crawling you get less of a snap as the armature spins at very low speeds.....aka, its smoother.

Later EddieO
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

had a look at the warrior II 45t but they're out of stock i think i'm going to go with the novak goat 3s brushless or the M2 Dig when it comes out! anyone has a good recomendation for a novak brushless motor setup or should i just go with the 21.5t that comes with the goat combo?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
had a look at the warrior II 45t but they're out of stock i think i'm going to go with the novak goat 3s brushless or the M2 Dig when it comes out! anyone has a good recomendation for a novak brushless motor setup or should i just go with the 21.5t that comes with the goat combo?
The Goat's are the worst brushless system, esp the combo's with the silver motors. The sensor harness is non-replacable and will go out in a crawler, mine lasted over a year but I've saw several go out in a few weeks or months time. I've also saw several of the ballisitic's melt the stator. Also the Goat's force you to use Novak motors and are a pain to program with limited options. You'll be much better of (and save some cash) to get a MMP, more options, easier programming, better performance (CHEAT mode), more voltage, the list goes on.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

hmmm ok how about the M2 Dig then i can use it on my future MOAis it a good ESC?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
MODERATOR™

Quote:
the M2 Dig
Not out yet.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote