Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR and BEC No Workie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Tekin FXR and BEC No Workie

I need a little help here. I have just installed a tekin FXR and a CC bec and things worked great until, well... they didn't. Here is my setup for starters. Tekin ESC. Castle BEC. Integy 45t motor. Spektrum stock rx that came with the dx3e. 2 cell 2000 lipo 20c.

Here is what its doing. Setup my gear and followed the wiring directions like it called for. Followed the castle diagram just like it said. Cut the red wire from the RX to the esc and all. Set up my radio. Set up my profiles. Put my truck on the ground. It ran great around the carpet for a minute. Ran it up on my kids 1.9 wheel and it froze on me. Kiddo moved his truck and mine ran. Ran it into my foot and froze. Picked it up. Changed batteries on Radio. Changed battery on the truck. Pulled trigger slowly and the lights on the esc lit up slowly untill all were flashing but no go. Stearing works fine. What did I do wrong??
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Why would you cut the red wire for the esc? You can just pull it out of the connector. Did you try calibrating the esc correctly thats what it sounds like or the esc has no signal from the receiver
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default I guess I could have pulled it

Did not realize you could pull it.

Just doing some reading on the castle website and it appears that there is a known biding issue when plugging a castle BEC into a some spektrum radios. That being said I am thinking of using a Yconnecter and seeing if that fixes the problem. I calibrated it correctly which is why in the rare occasion after powering up it works right.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Signal Wire

Just cut the signal wire and no good!! Did not work. I am afraid it is pushing my rx into bind mode and that is my problem as I have the bec plugged into the bind port. I do not have a y connector and will try to purchase one at lunch today!! Happy mothers day right!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Default Here is one for us

Here is a thought. I will try and test for power to my motor and esc in a while and see if that might be it. Another pointing out of the obvious here. i had to switch my positive and negative on my motor terminals for some strange reason. Just and FWI.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

wire the BEC directly to the servo, it will eliminate the need to plug it into the rx
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Default So I am now a little humiliated

Well after much doubt and a little stupid history I have now realized what it was. Loose negative wire on the motor came loose again!!! This was very similar to what I noticed with a CC BEC and a Novak Rooster so I was gunshy.