Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin B1-R troubles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin B1-R troubles

I put a Tekin B1-R in my MRC a few days ago... worked great with the stock motor but I wanted more wheel speed(again) so I hooked up a reedy 19T stump puller that I had used in the past with my mamba 25. I hooked up the motor off the trans just to test it... worked fine forward/reverse so I installed it. Here is where my troubles began... I had reverse but no forward... the led's show signal but no forward.

So far I've tried everything I can think of... recalibrated the ESC... reprogramed it(manual no hotwire)... checked all the connections and even tried several different motors... still... no forward. I don't think I released any magic smoke as I never smelled anything, no sparks... I pulled the back cover and everything looks fine... nothing burnt that I can see.

Any ideas why I have reverse but no forward?

On a side note... how's Tekin's customer service? I've owned lot's of Tekin stuff over the years but this is my first problem with a product... and as luck would have it I can't find my receipt any idea what the service charge is you don't have a receipt?
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have the same problem.

I hooked the B1r up in my MRC to a Sportwerks E-Racers motor. By the 5th gate on the 1st course I ran, forward & drag brake were gone. I've contacted Tekin, but they won't warrantee it without receipt. I bought it off a member here as a new in box, and though he's promised me the receipt, he's no longer returning my PM's.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have the same problem.

I hooked the B1r up in my MRC to a Sportwerks E-Racers motor. By the 5th gate on the 1st course I ran, forward & drag brake were gone. I've contacted Tekin, but they won't warrantee it without receipt. I bought it off a member here as a new in box, and though he's promised me the receipt, he's no longer returning my PM's.
We'll that not good... is this a common problem with the B1-R? I went to Tekin's site and downloaded the service form... with shipping i'm looking at $40-44 to get it fixed unless I find the reciept.. I'll throw it in the trash and put my mamba 25 back on before I spend $40 on an ESC that lasted half a dozen runs.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
JSN
Quarry Creeper

We'll it's finished. I tried recalibrating/programing again on a losi Tx instead of my futaba's... the last time I pulled the trigger it went to full reverse and stayed there when you unplug the battery of course it stops... plug it back in and it goes to full reverse DURING the start up as the led's are flashing and finding neutral ESC shows it's in neutral by looking at the LED's but its stuck at full reverse no matter what you do with trims or trigger position.

The last thing I noticed was the ESC getting warm at idle... not hot but just warmer than I think it should just setting there idle during programing...either way it's done... I'll try contacting Tekin but I'm not very hopeful it will be resolved without me spending more money(my fault for misplacing the receipt) on what seems to have been a bad ESC.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

im having the same problem with a freinds b1r he was having the issues listed above then i took it and tried to calibrate the radio and set the throttle adj.... with no avail im bout to pull my hair out anyone have any ideas
98sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sahara View Post
im having the same problem with a freinds b1r he was having the issues listed above then i took it and tried to calibrate the radio and set the throttle adj.... with no avail im bout to pull my hair out anyone have any ideas
What kind of radio are you using?
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well my freind was using the futaba 4pl and i was trying it with the stock mrc radio
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Which part of the radio calibration does it hang up on? FYI, the Futaba's have to be reversed on the throttle channel to calibrate to our ESCs properly.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

well when i did it it hung up on led's 2 and 3 and was just blinking tose two. i didnt get any chimes or anything at startup or when i tried to calibrate. i have this same esc in my mini and i love it . it works great but just cant seem to figure this one out
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I have seen 2,3 be stuck on or blinking when the receiver plug is in backwards, just something to check. I would also try a factory reset as well and if you guys have a hotwire try re-flashing the software.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

plug is in right. next how do i do the factory reset. do i have to have the hotwire
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Factory reset you just press and hold both buttons on the ESC until it starts flashing and chiming.

What does it do right when you turn it on?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

ill try that. when it turns on it has no chimes and flashes all led's then goes to the third led after flashing. and after closer inspection when i try to calibrate the radio it goes from led 1 to led 3 back and fourth

Last edited by 98sahara; 03-28-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Flashing from 4-1 LED means it's in neutral, that's your onboard temperature reader. If it doesn't chime when hooked up to a motor then it will most likely need to come in for service.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

ok im starting to lean towards that so i will tell my freind to get ahold of you and get this thing squared away... thank you very much for your input. you should be put in for a raise or something hahaha creeping forums and answering questions, that is above and beyond what you need to do
Old 03-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #16
RCC Addict

I'm always in the shadows on the forums! Just direct him to service@teamtekin.com and they can hook him up with an RA# and all the info needed for sending it in to tech.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

thanks again
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Tekin B1-R troubles

I'm having the same problem of the esc only working in reverse and now not at all i guess i have to send it in.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote