Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: speed passion ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default speed passion ???

I know there not top of the line but , I just bought a new honcho and my mate had a couple of brushless kits laying , one is the inspire crawler esc and motor the other is the latest d manager , i was going to put the crawler combo into the honcho and the d manager into my blitz , running 2s 30c lipos , anyone used these esc's motor's . cheers
conrodss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

What will you be using the honcho for? If you will be doing any
slow speed stuff you will definitely want sensored if you go brushless.

Most speed passion stuff is just rebadged hobbywing. I absolutely hate hobbywing but mostly due to their customer support. You might not have that issue with speed passion. If it's free or very cheap go for it, otherwise there's much better options for the price.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have the Speed Passion Inspire combo with the small L motor. It's not good for crawling at low speeds at all. The motor can's fins make it appear 540 sized, but the actual can and rotor are 380 sized. I had my AX10 Scaler geared mega low for about 2mph with the 1200kv motor and it was still poor. It would cog under load when trying to crawl onto rocks ect and i found it stalled fairly easily in binds. All running on decent 6 cell packs. The motor was ok for maybe a trail rig, but not good for low speed control at all.
I bought mines from a UK site and it was advertised as supporting sensored and brushed motors. Unfortunatily i'm in a dispute with the website, as it doesn't support neither of them....

Shame..i just bought a nice sensored 1100kv 550 sized to use with it which i now can't Hoping i'll get a good will gesture of some sort so i get a MM Pro instead
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm was so happy with my mmpro I bought another. Well worth the price just for the versatility. Plus you get castles best in business warranty and support. The sidewinder is a very nice esc too if the mmpro is too pricey. You could run that with a hand wound brushed motor and have decent wheelspeed and low speed control too, without breaking the bank.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote