Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: EZRun Motor problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default EZRun Motor problems

Hi,
I just installed a eZRun motor combo (1200KV) on a LCC and I am having some problems. The motor stals (it just goes back and forth about 1mm) when it is submited to heavy loads. When it has no load it performs well.
So the only solution is to just press the throttle harder and it will start spinning but I loose throttle control...
This is my first brushless and I never have seen such a behavior in a motor before. Is it normal ????
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have the same set up, only mines is labelled as "Speed Passion", but it's really just a re-badged Hobbywing. I have exactly the same problem as yourself and unfortunatily it's normal with that motor.
It's really a 380 sized motor but the fins on the motor's can make it look 540. That and coupled with the fact it's a non sensored brushless motor. Non sensored brushless motors such as this have ok power on the higher rpm's the small motor does ok for it's size, but no matter what you do with gearing or battery ect, it will always be rough when pulling away slowly under load unfortunatily. I had my AX10 geared down with that motor on 6 cells for about 2mph on 1.9's and even with the gearing so low, it would still "cog" under load on low throttle input.
One good thing is you'll be hard pushed to get it to overheat...i was doing hill climbs with mines on dirt for about a half hour with 2.2's and locked diffs. Getting stuck often and really digging holes into the dirt. The motor was just barely warm to touch and the small 35amp speed control was still cold
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yep... It's like putting a 600cc motorcycle engine in a truck. In the bike it takes off fast but in the truck it would be so underpowered it would be useless.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Well I guess I will just have to find a new brushless motor for my goat 3s..... I hate to have purchased a useless motor/ESC combo....
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Did you get the program card? If so have you tried to up the timing setting? It might help?
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

At least yours still works. I bought a 1/8 EZrun which fried on me for no reason on 2s lipo, lol. After hobbywing ignored my emails for a while i called them. They basically told me to send more emails. After the call they started replying. I sent it to China for $13 by 3 day Korean express mail. It took them 4 days of trying to deliver it before someone accepted the package. Almost 2 weeks went by with no word from them and no response to emails. I called them again and they told me to send another email. Finally I got a response that they wanted $33 for return shipping by paypal. I paid it and a couple days later got my old ESC back... STILL BROKEN! After a couple days of frustrating discussion I submitted a paypal claim for "item recieved not as described" which they actually did refund. In the end way too much hassle and now I have a broken ESC and I'm out the original cost +$13 more. Hobbywing

I sent a sidewinder in to castle and they had a new one out for me the day they recieved it, and they covered the international shipping! Castle
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Did you get the program card? If so have you tried to up the timing setting? It might help?
Yes I have the program card... i didn't try the timing.... how should I change it???