Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: servo ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default servo ?

If i am running a bec unit with one steering servo do i need another one if i add another servo for rear steer or a dig unit?
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

You might need a more powerful one depending on the current draw of your servos and the rating of the bec. Probably not. How many amps is your bec and which servos do you plan to power?
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

depends on the servos u are using and the bec so say u r using a ccbec with 2 hitec 645's no u shouldnt need one but say u replaced the servos with 2 hitec 7950th's then u may also depends on the rig its going to be in
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I am running a venom creeper and i have a lower # jr servo and a crawford performance servo. I am running a ccbec with a y harness to the jr servo in the rear and it is nice and snappy. Since i have added the rear servo with y harness it seems that the front servo does not have the power and twitches alittle. The ccbec is stock, I have not changed anything.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The ccbec should be enough. You could try adding a capacitor. Just attach the pos and neg terminals of a like a 12v 1000uf or bigger capacitor to a connector and plug it into the batt slot on your rx. If you are just having minor twitching that should fix it. If you are really short on amperage though you will need a higher amp bec, but I think the ccbec is 10a isn't it? That should be plenty.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The twitching does not seem that bad anymore however It seems the servos are still not as snappy as when I run only one of them. If I get a castle link and up the voltage will that help and how high is to much?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
The twitching does not seem that bad anymore however It seems the servos are still not as snappy as when I run only one of them. If I get a castle link and up the voltage will that help and how high is to much?
Yes it will help but you don't want to set it higher than your servos Or rx (depending on how your bec is hooked up) can handle. I'm not sure about your servos but many are only rated for 6v.