Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dig

Ok, so i am getting my ducks in a row to purchase a Bully. I'm going to buy the Outcry ESC from RC4wd. Its gotten good reviews here. My question is about the dig unit and my TX. The manual says 3 position. Mine does not have that and its not going anywhere, it all i have and I am not allowed to replace it. Is there a Dig unit that will do an MOA? Not many are electronic, most are servo driven. And what about my present radio? Why can't I use only 2 of the switch positions. Maybe i do not want rear wheel drive only. I'll just be using forward and the front only.
freemachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemachinist View Post
Ok, so i am getting my ducks in a row to purchase a Bully. I'm going to buy the Outcry ESC from RC4wd. Its gotten good reviews here. My question is about the dig unit and my TX. The manual says 3 position. Mine does not have that and its not going anywhere, it all i have and I am not allowed to replace it. Is there a Dig unit that will do an MOA? Not many are electronic, most are servo driven. And what about my present radio? Why can't I use only 2 of the switch positions. Maybe i do not want rear wheel drive only. I'll just be using forward and the front only.
Look up a Punk Dig Switch.
Kanine38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Since ya are going with the outcry, RC4wd also makes a dig switch;
http://rc4wdstore.com/2/product_info...e30c25cb564073
Ya can use a 2 position 3rd channel switch for 4wd/front dig and the 3rd channel servo reverse to get rear dig.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Ya can use a 2 position 3rd channel switch for 4wd/front dig and the 3rd channel servo reverse to get rear dig.

X2
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:41 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post

You confused me. I only have a 2position, 3rd channel switch. So if i use my 3rd channel, I get 4wd and fwd using my 2 position switch. Where does the 3rd channel servo reverse go? Yeah, i'm confused. My 3rd channel can to 2 separate functions?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanine38 View Post
Look up a Punk Dig Switch.
I did a search. Nothing comes up as a definitive answer. Sure, plenty of guys talk about it and their problems. However NOT ONE of the searched threads contains the answer i am searching for. People speculate about using a 2position, 3rd channel in my proposed way. Can you please give me a link to the specific thread your were hoping i'd search for?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You confused me. I only have a 2position, 3rd channel switch. So if i use my 3rd channel, I get 4wd and fwd using my 2 position switch. Where does the 3rd channel servo reverse go? Yeah, i'm confused. My 3rd channel can to 2 separate functions?
There should be a switch on your radio to reverse the servo throw on each channel. In normal ya will have 4wd/front dig using the 2 position switch, reversing the 3rd channel will give ya 4wd/rear dig on the switch.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There should be a switch on your radio to reverse the servo throw on each channel. In normal ya will have 4wd/front dig using the 2 position switch, reversing the 3rd channel will give ya 4wd/rear dig on the switch.