Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: rc4wd bulldog 9300 help..???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default rc4wd bulldog 9300 help..???

i have the rc4wd bulldog 9300 winch. im having trouble getting it to work from my radio. i have the new traxxas tq 2.4ghz radio. this radio is the 4-channel version it has the 3rd channel toggle and a 3 position switch. but if i read the directions right i think the 3 position switch is tied to both the 4th and 5th channel on the receiver. when i plug the winch into the 4th channel and with the 3 position switch in the middle it goes out with it down it goes out and with it up it goes in. i cant get it to just stop.

does anyone know what i can do to make the winch have a power in/out and off from my radio even if i have to mod one of the switches or something....

please help... thanks
joenitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

just wanted to add one thing.

the red toggle switch. i took the ground wire from it and put a switch on it so that i could control power to the switch. i then plugged the winch into the 3rd channel and with the toggle up if i turned on the switch i added the winch would go in. if i put the toggle down and then turned on the switch i added it would go out. which was cool thats what i wanted but.... the winch would creep very slowly in or out which ever i last used it i couldent get it to sit still even adjusting it with the pot on the winch controller to stop it as soon as i used the winch again it would creep again...

why does it do this and what can i do to stop it....?
joenitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Mine has the same problem!!! It will never just stop. I have tried different controllers and different radios even. Did you ever find a solution???? I am really tempted to just trash it and go with a 3racing one instead!
FoxintheDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Does anyone have a solution for this or should I just send it back and get a replacement?????
Old 12-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

adjust the trim on the radio till it its centered for on the fourth channel
luke-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke-o View Post
adjust the trim on the radio till it its centered for on the fourth channel
I tried that and it didn't work :( I have even made a servo controller and that didn't solve the problem. I adjusted trim on the radio, the winch controller, changed motors out, tried lipo vs nimh....I am out of idea's. I searched every thread I could on here and that is how I found out to make the servo controller. I think it's time to send it back and get a 3racing one.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The trim on the winch controller takes very small inputs to center the winch, it can be very tricky, but does work. Once you get it set, put some glue on it to keeps it's position.

Thanks
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer4Life View Post
The trim on the winch controller takes very small inputs to center the winch, it can be very tricky, but does work. Once you get it set, put some glue on it to keeps it's position.

Thanks
I'll give it another try and see what happens.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Sorry to dig up an old thread but just bought this same winch and can't get it to center or stop chattering for the life of me. I'm using a kopropo ur5ex and I get it to stop more winch in opposite direction then stop again and it creeps and chatters like crazy. I adjust ever so slightly on the pot on the winch controller get it to stop try again and it creeps. I have tried numorous times now and once in a blue moon it will stop after it lets and inch of line out but other times it doesn't. This is the absolute best I can get it and I'm not satisfied, is there a problem with the controllers included with these controllers cause I see alot of this compliant about this particular unit. Thanks for whatever help you can provide, Kurt
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote