Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Electronic Dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #1

Default Electronic Dig

Hello All,

I have a question with regards to Dig functionality in a dual ESC setup, and it might be stupid because I dont know anything about Dig other than the concept.

From the solutions I have seen so far it seems dig is always implemented on the "power" end of the ESC circuit. i.e. in between the ESC and the motors.

Has anyone attempted to build a solution which works in between the ESC's and Rx ?
In my opinoin there would be many more possibilities if Dig was implemented by interception the Rx signal to the ESC's. It could either pass on the signal as is when dig is disabled or send the signal to one ESC and not the other to enable dig.

So the way I would see it is a small circuit to which both ESC's Rx connectors
connect to. Then from the Rx we get the throttle signal as well as the 3rd channel signal used to drive the logic for Dig.
e.g. based on the position of the 3rd channel Dig is off, in the front or in the back

This to me would seem to make more sense than trying to build some sort of high power circuit between the ESC and the motors.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Serge
ssozonoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #2

Never mind .....

I just saw this.

Novak The Dig: Electonic Dig Unit for Dual System Crawlers

Serge
ssozonoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #3

I was just about to point you in that direction. I have only just started using an moa and my first comp is this weekend with the novak dig unit, but the guys in my area that have ran moa last year were using the novak unit with no complaints.

The only thing that i have noticed is you need a 3 position 3rd chanel, but my friend uses a dx3s so im not sure how he has his radio set up.
Rc_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote