Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: evx and lipo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default evx and lipo?

I have a 1st gen evx modded for one battery . Could I run a 11.1 3s lipo through that one plug or will it go poof. Should I run both plugs paralell into one battery? Or can it even handle 3s at all. looked on the net couldnt find any info.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Is it like the EVX-2? They usually list the voltage spec on the cover. If it can handle 16.8V, then it should handle 3S no problem...the max voltage from a 3S is 12.65V or so. The only thing you'll need to watch is to make sure not to drain the pack below 9V. That ESC probably doesnt have a built in LVC.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by camobob View Post
I have a 1st gen evx modded for one battery . Could I run a 11.1 3s lipo through that one plug or will it go poof. Should I run both plugs paralell into one battery? Or can it even handle 3s at all. looked on the net couldnt find any info.

I tried the 3s on my original evx ( rated 14.4v ) modded for single battery . It got hot but never shut down . I believe the evx was meant to run only 7.2 on each side and since mine ran as hot as it did I would not do it again ! Im not sure but if u wire it into both sides you should be good . Motor/motors will still get 11.1v just not sure how to run 3s . Hope someone else can help you but this is my experiance so take for what its worth .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If its the orange one with the purple heat sinks you should be fine. I have 2 that I run 11.1 on and havent hadd any problems. They dont seem to get hot either. Running Novak 45t and 55t motors.
atvdude775 is offline   Reply With Quote