Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: FlySky FS-GT3 / Eurgle 2.4 GHz radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #1

Default FlySky FS-GT3 / Eurgle 2.4 GHz radio

I haven't seen much talk on this radio here on RCC, but thought I'd pass on some info.

I've been looking for a low cost radio for a 2nd/backup radio. I have a DX3r and I'm using on my Bully rig, but my g/f wanted to drive my AX-10 at the same time. So I needed something with 3 channels, 2.4 GHz, able to store mult vehicles, and most importantly at a low cost. After looking at a number of options I stumbled upon the Flysky FS-GT3. I did some research and everything seemed to come up looking good, with a few having some minor issues (expected with something coming from China). So I went for it.

Here's a good review that helped me: http://kenbuys.com/flysky-fs-gt3/

The radios can be had for about $75 once shipped from Hong Kong. Yes I know...HK, but over the last few years I've had great success ordering batteries, spare parts, wheels, ect from HK. BUT the key to this radio is truly the low cost aspect of it. You can get spare receivers for ONLY $6 at HobbyKing.com (another hobby store in HK).

This radio has it all for features, expo, abs, 10 model memory, to name a few. Most importantly for the RCC crowd, a 3rd channel. *It's only a two position though. This was fine for me since on my AX-10 I'll only need 4wd and dig (it's my back up rig), but I'm sure someone here could figure out a resourceful way of converting it to 3 position.

So far this radio has worked great, it comfortably fits my hand and the controls work well. The instructions are in Engrish, but if you have experience with any other multifunction radio, it's not hard to figure out. BTW, the manual is worthless...I was able to easily bind it and buy some more HobbyCity receivers for some other vehicles I own (I bound those with ease also).

So for $75 I'm very happy with it. The quality is sub par to my DX3r, but that was expected. But what I'm most happy about is that I can buy more receivers for $6 not $100! I think that is where the key savings are.

Here's a few time saving links:

More talk on the Radio as branded as a Eurgle:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8987014

RC10Hobbies carries them or you can buy on Ebay:
http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail....od=rcps2805001

Cheap receivers!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...625&aff=166047
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
MODERHATER™

Have you tried binding the receivers to your Spektrum?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #3

It unfortunately will not bind to any Spectrum radio which use DSM or DSM2 technology. This radio uses a new version of software called GFSK.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

My Fly Sky 2 channel 2.4ghz radio works great too. It only cost me $34 shipped to my door, and I saw the same radio in the LHS being sold as a VENOM for $70.

The RX is very small aswell. Great cheap radio!

Drunk
DrunkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have been happy with my gt3 as well. My wife
usually uses it but I still prefer spektrum of course. I got it over a
year ago and have replaced the module ($20) so I can use the hobbyking rx's. Very good for the money.
Knitewulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
RCC Addict

How, if at all possible, would you go about making this 3rd channel work in 3-position? I'm interested in a cheap 2.4 radio and would like the 3rd channel for rear steer and winch on a seperate vehicle.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
How, if at all possible, would you go about making this 3rd channel work in 3-position? I'm interested in a cheap 2.4 radio and would like the 3rd channel for rear steer and winch on a seperate vehicle.
i'm going to say along the same route as a doing it to a TQ.

i am interested in this radio, too. any chance of posting a pic of what the display looks like when turned on?

is it a dot matrix display, or something that looks like a cheap calculator display?
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Well, I picked one of these up, not bad for $60 shipped. As for the 3rd channel, I opened it up and it's a 2-wire on-off switch. So doing similar to a TQ3, which is a 3-wire switch, won't work. You can designate different switches on the radio for the 3rd channel though. I plan to wire in a momentary 2-position switch though. Here's a quick pic of the display which is pretty nice.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
RCC Addict

NICE!!! i can deal with a 2 position switch for dig. is there EPA's on the 3rd channel?

also, where did you find it for $60 shipped?

i can't seem to find them for under $75 shipped...
Old 06-21-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
RCC Addict

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37382 $61 shipped but close enough.

Yes all 3 channels have EPA's and you can sett the adjustments to buttons so you don't have to go through the menus. It is a very nicely featured radio especially for the price. Then again I've never owned even an AM/FM radio with these features so of course I'm impressed. 2-position will be fine for dig, I plan to use it for that as well. Only thing is, stock you would push for dig, then push again for 4wd. I prefer to push and hold for dig and let off the button when I'm ready to go 4wd again. Just a preference I guess, but an easy enough mod to wire in a switch too. The only thing I'd like to have a 3-position switch for is a winch, but I can make this work fr that too. Either go in and reverse the servo throw, or put a directional switch on the chassis for in/out of the winch.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37382 $61 shipped but close enough.

Yes all 3 channels have EPA's and you can sett the adjustments to buttons so you don't have to go through the menus. It is a very nicely featured radio especially for the price. Then again I've never owned even an AM/FM radio with these features so of course I'm impressed. 2-position will be fine for dig, I plan to use it for that as well. Only thing is, stock you would push for dig, then push again for 4wd. I prefer to push and hold for dig and let off the button when I'm ready to go 4wd again. Just a preference I guess, but an easy enough mod to wire in a switch too. The only thing I'd like to have a 3-position switch for is a winch, but I can make this work fr that too. Either go in and reverse the servo throw, or put a directional switch on the chassis for in/out of the winch.
good find! i am also considering this radio:

http://www.hobbykingusa.com/turnigy-...nly-mode-2.htm

it's a 9 channel turnigy

$57 thru hobbyking. that is the US site. i would consider getting a twin stick radio now, considering i am eventually going to switch from a shafty to an MOA, and eventualy build a super.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I concidered a stick radio as well, but I don't think I would enjoy using it. I've just become accustomed to the pistol grips I guess.

I have a general question for anyone concerning multi-model RX, but It is this radio so I'll ask it here. If I set up two different models, with their own distinct profiles, can I bind both to a single RX? Would I be able to just switch models on the TX or would I have to rebind with every vehicle switch as well? Looking for a temporary fix till I order some extra RX.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
I concidered a stick radio as well, but I don't think I would enjoy using it. I've just become accustomed to the pistol grips I guess.

I have a general question for anyone concerning multi-model RX, but It is this radio so I'll ask it here. If I set up two different models, with their own distinct profiles, can I bind both to a single RX? Would I be able to just switch models on the TX or would I have to rebind with every vehicle switch as well? Looking for a temporary fix till I order some extra RX.
yeah, i don't see why you would need another RX from different profiles on the TX. the RX just "listens" to the TX's settings so to say. so i say go for it. oh, plus you can by extra RX for this radio thru hobby king, as well, under $7 a unit.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...625&aff=166047

(although, hobbyking has a MINIMUM shipping charge of like $12...)

oh yeah, and i was wondering about the steering wheel position on this radio, can it be moved, or that little section inbetween the case and the wheel be removed, to get the wheel back to a more "normal" position?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post

oh yeah, and i was wondering about the steering wheel position on this radio, can it be moved, or that little section inbetween the case and the wheel be removed, to get the wheel back to a more "normal" position?
It does swivel. You can get a better idea in this picture

I've had mine for a while now and it's been great. No issues with it what so ever ad an awesome buy at the price.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

hobbypartz.com

charges a flat rate $4.95 on all shipping.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gtr3c-receiver.html
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Here's some pics of the momentary switch I added for the 3rd channel.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
RCC Addict

nice. i forgot to ask, are you using a dig on an MOA or a shafty, though?

the more i look at pics of this radio, the more i keep thinking there are a couple of "projects" i would have to do with this radio to make it work...

also, instead of a momentary switch, could you do a flip/toggle switch instead?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #18
RCC Addict

It will be dig on an MAO rig, single fridge switch style activated by a small servo. You could use a 2 position toggle as well, on-off. But the buttons you can assign stock would do the same thing. The toggle might be easier to hit with your thumb though. If this radio had a 3-position 3rd channel it would be perfect, still pretty good though.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #19

Default 3-Pos Switch

I do not own one of these controllers (although I may soon, I have an old AM Tx/Rx from an Ofna kit I want to upgrade). However, I might suggest a solution for those who want to use the 2-pos/on-off channel in a 3-pos (or multi-pos) manner. I am an amateur electronic hobbyist. An easy (or maybe, not so easy) way to do this would be to "encode" the information you are sending to the receiver. This would enable the transmitter to send more complex information than simply on/off. The "un-encoding" or translation (and thus the extra circuitry) would be at the receiver end. You would change how you use the third channel switch to send this information (unless you added a momentary switch to make it easier to do this). To explain this better I will describe exactly what I would do to accomplish this.
First, lets name each position we want. The off position will be just "off". The first/on/#1 position will be +on. The second/-on/#2 position will be -on (I work for an environmental controls company for a part time job and we use tri-state equipment with wiring named as such. Tri-state equipment is controlled by a 3-pos switch or relay). So to tell the receiver what position we want, the receiver (or a circuit after the receiver) needs to disseminate between those three positions. Also, our information needs to be more specific than on/off (I am sorry if I seem to be redundant, I will get to my point soon). The best way I can think to accomplish this (I do not know everything, remember amateur) is to pulse the on signal in specific lengths of time to indicate to the receiving circuit which position should be selected.
IE:
less than one second for off.
1-2 (greater than 1 sec, less than 2 sec) seconds for +on.
3-5 (or 5-infinity, etc.) for -on.

I have seen electronics that do this to mutiplex (or multiply) a signal or command.
I will try to do a little research and give a more specific solution (maybe a basic circuit someone could build) soon. :-( ....If anyone can beat me to it please feel free.
IMMOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Is this similar to what the punk dig and their other products do? I know it's well beyond me, that's for sure.