Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: punk dig question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default punk dig question

I traded for a used punk dig and it works but i have to bump it in reverse to get it to work. Any ideas why its working like this. Also it only works where the front turns and the back locks up , i can't get the front to lock and the back to turn. Any help will be greatly apperciated.
Boids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What radio are you running and can you get some pics of how the did is wired?
prophetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

futaba 3pmx , can't find camera battery charger ( 4 yr old got ahold of it ) the left side goes to 1 motor , middle to esc , right side to other motor.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Are you sure you have your 3rd channel switch set to a 3 position? There is a thread in here that shows you how to set that radio up.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yes its set up , i had a rock dig on it and it worked properly but it didn't last long and sent it back to rc4wd. i even double checked everything on it and reset it. The main issue is i have to bump it in reverse before it works whitch is a 1 point penalty.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
RCC Addict

try turning up the end points on your 3rd channel. When I first got mine I couldn't get it to work because my end points were turned way down.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

there turned all the way up
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

you need to post the pics you sent me...it is more informative visually...

the dig has some strange solder point to computer chip..
solder going from motor 2 to computer chip and from esc solder point to computer chip..

my 3 PunkRcs dont have that funky solder!!!
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
you need to post the pics you sent me...it is more informative visually...

the dig has some strange solder point to computer chip..
solder going from motor 2 to computer chip and from esc solder point to computer chip..

my 3 PunkRcs dont have that funky solder!!!
h that don't sound good!

u
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Gold Star Baby!

Please HELP Boids...
here is a picture he sent me..can anybody decipher this ? Ummmm something does not look right!

CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #11
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
Please HELP Boids...
here is a picture he sent me..can anybody decipher this ? Ummmm something does not look right!
That has got to be your problem. Someone hacked the Sh*t out of the unit. I would ask for your money or trade back. Then I would buy a new dig unit from Punk RC.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
RCC Addict

That doesn't look right at all.

If you don't have any luck on trading it back, you might ask Robin about doing a repair on it. He's been good to a lot of people in that area before.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

When i got it in the mail i was wondering whats was up with it. Sooner or later i will get a working dig. Just left robin a message to check it out , hopefully he can help me out with it.

Last edited by Boids; 05-25-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I sold this just as it came to me from LSXEric. Never installed it but never noticed anything out of the ordinary either. Not sure what's up with that solder but I will PM LSXEric about this thread and see if he can shed some light on it.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

My two definately don't look like that one. My solders are very nice and clean.
bivens22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Man that doesn't look right, but I really don't remeber it looking like that. Id also got it in a trade and never used it, so I wasn't sure of the condition.
LSXEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Looks like someone tried to repair the traces on the board. A buddy of mine has one that the traces burnt up on. I repaired it for him by building a solder bridge somewhat like that. I think he had one of the first Punk digs. That though is a really crappy solder job. It looks as though the solder joints are connecting by the chip, and to the black resistor.

Last edited by prophetz; 05-27-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
Official Cook of the ECC

This is why I always check condition before I sell and after I purchase.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Looks like i'm getting the short end of the stick on this deal. I was yold it worked just fine then find out they never used it. welp buyer beware especially when no one wants to fess up.

I'm not sure what there is I can do at this point other tahn pray that it turns out OK and Robin, gets back to you with some good info. I PM'd LSXEric on it and he posted up that he got it used as well and never used it. I was under the impression that he had parted out a rig that HE had used. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff lately and as projects change I don't always get a chance to see how everything works. In the case of the dig I just didn't need it right away so I let it go to work towards anothe build. I'm not saying YOU did anything wrong, but is a used electronics piece and in this hobby they are sold as is unless specified. If I had gotten to try it out and there was a problem, I would have NEVER passed on a junk item. I would just have to get it repaired or claim damage from the shipping comp. if it was there. I know it's frustrating, but from my side, I have to be warry of someone making a mistake and causing damage to something and putting that cost on me. I'm not saying you're doing that, but there's too much that I have to consider in this transaction. This is truely a first for me. I don't know what Robin will say, but let me know what he thinks, or if he needs to look at it and determin what is causing in to not work properly.
I'm not promising I can do anything since it was a used electronics piece, but I'm a fair person as well. If I take on any responsibility, I take it on because of someone else too. Rory.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Thoughs who know me, know of my charactor, and that I would not lie about something as simple as a burnt up part. I would never sell a part in knowingly bad condition. I've sent at least 8 PM's trying to help since you've had troubles with it from the get go. I've done my best to help work things out and as I said in the PM you quoted, "let me know what Robin says". I feel honestly bad that you're having trouble with this part, but honestly, I never used it or mistreated it in packaging it for you. I don't know if it was bad when I got it or after you installed it. But I have fully implied that I might be able to help depending on what Robin says about it's condition.
"IF" it was bad when you got it from me, that means it was bad when I got it. If the person I got it from is saying he never used it either, that means it was bad when he got it as well. That's alot of bad, and I'm the only one out of either who have touched this part saying I will help if I can, and IF it's determined that it was bad before you got it. Keep in mind, that it is a used electrical component, the carrier could have caused something perhaps that was not an issue before it went through their ringer.
As far as "fessing UP", I have done so from the start, and I don't blame you for being frustraited or angry. I would be too.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote