Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ok i have a question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ok i have a question

i just finnished building my rig and am having a problem with my electronics i am using a futaba s3305 servo, CC sidewinder, integy 35x1, a spectrum 5ch stick radio and an ar6100e reciever, all on 3s. now when i first hooked up for the maiden drive with a 1500 mah 15c 3s i would turn the steering servo all the way to one side and my reciever would brown out and the light would blink if i never went full lock on the steering it would drive fine and not brown out, now i know what your thinking add a bec .. problem solved.. right? i dont know on my second drive i used a 1345 mah 20c 3s the truck was alot slower and no brown out but at times while pushing the throttle it would hesitate for a second and then it would go also while binding up on some high traction surfaces it would just stop all together and i would have to release the throttle and push it again and it would go. sorry about the long post has anyone expierienced this before any help is greatly apprieciated
DyrtyByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Suck it up!

The mah of the battery won't effect your speed. A fully charged 3s will put out the same voltage as any other fully charged 3s.

It sounds like you need a BEC to correct your issues.

ANY time you upgrade to ANYTHING over a stock servo, you really should have a bec to avoid any glitching or stalling.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

so i need a bec i ran the same servo on my stampede and had no problems though could it be the spectrum recievers greed for power?
Old 05-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyrtyByrd View Post
so i need a bec i ran the same servo on my stampede and had no problems though could it be the spectrum recievers greed for power?
I'm going to guess that you have a servo saver on the 'pede but not on the crawler?
Old 05-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

like dude said you probably need a bec.
losicrawler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Mah & C do effect battery power but that 15C/1500 should be weaker than the 20C/1345. That little servo may even be ok without a bec. I wound make sure the sidewinder is set for brushed. They come setup for brushless and can do all kinds of crazy stuff with a brushed motor.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I wound make sure the sidewinder is set for brushed. They come setup for brushless and can do all kinds of crazy stuff with a brushed motor.
Ever tried to make a brushed motor go while the esc is set for brushless? It won't. It will let the smoke out of the esc though.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Yes dude you are correct no servo saver this time
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Old hippie i agree with you about the batts but this thing flies on the 15c and snails along on the 20c
Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyrtyByrd View Post
Yes dude you are correct no servo saver this time
The servo saver will allow the servo to travel further before it locks up...most likely the servo is reaching the end of its travel naturally and isn't being stressed.

Without a servo saver, you're asking it to go further than the steering parts will let it, so its sitting there pushing and sucking power while your wheels are locked on one side or the other. That is when the weak built in bec's take a dump.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
RCC Addict

If your running 3c on a sidewinder with no external BEC. Then thats what the problem is. I learned the hard way. Mine would just shut down untill I walked over and picked it up, then it would come back to life untill it got to the next little bind and gone again. A CC BEC fixed it all.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote