Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Where to Put My Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Where to Put My Electronics

OK, I finally have everything needed to finish my Berg V1. I just received the Holmes Torquemaster ESC and the Punk Dig for three channel radios. I will be using the Spektrum SR300 3 channel sport RX with a Futaba 3PK and Spektrum module. All of this will be installed, for the time being, in the stock Berg chassis. It has upper and lower mounting shelves. The LiPo battery will be mounted on a "Bowtie" tray (thanks, man) attached to the rear axle.

Clearly the RX should be on the top shelf with the Punk, I guess. I say this because the lead to the RX from the Punk is very short. So this leaves mounting the ESC on the lower shelf which to me, is a bit awkward concerning access. I thought about mounting the ESC on top of the steering servo but figured it would be too susseptible to damage.

This is my first crawler so I'm open to any and all suggestions. Is double-sided servo tape sufficient for attaching all of these items? I don't plan on competing. This thing is just for fun!

Last edited by Knarly Nerd; 05-24-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Good servo tape should work or you can us hook and loop (Velcro) so you can move things around.
Looking at your set up I would say you are on the right track (rx/dig - top tray ESC - bottom.) You could alway make your own top tray and put everything up there and then mount the battery down low (keep the COG down.)

Fit it all in place then mock up your wire routes including the battery lead, try to keep it clean. Then try a few more options before you start cutting and soldering.
Ktbone is offline   Reply With Quote