Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone else having programming issues with the CC Sidewinder?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone else having programming issues with the CC Sidewinder?

Hey guys,
In my ongoing saga with programming my Sidewinder ESC, ive hit yet another snag. I recently purchased a Castle Link from a member here which was in perfect working condition. Went to install it and it is seeing the USB cable and Link, but not the ESC. Ive done everything from connecting and disconnecting the red wire and hooking a battery up to my ESC and still nothing. Im pretty sure its not the computer (Since im running a Windows 7 computer and my last laptop had Windows XP and it still didnt work on my last computer). So what gives here? Am i doing something wrong here? Its stuck in brushless mode and i need to use this ESC to use in my MOA Super. If i cant get it programmed...it has no use to me.
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

If all else fails you can program it to brushed manually. A long series of beeps....
Hvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i had a problem with mine also first is the castle link installed on your cpu? if it is when you plug it up to your cpu and click on the castl link shortcut on your desktop the castle link window should open then if you look in the lower left hand corner of the window you should see two little squares inside a box that says connection status at this point with out having your esc plugged in the one that says usb connection status should be green and there should be a red light on the castle link itself, the one that says device connection status should be red. now plug in your esc taking note of the correct polarity on the castle link unit at this point the device connection status box should be green and there should be a green light on your castlelink unit then you should be able to program as usual if you have a green box for usb and red for device unplug the esc and flip the plug over and plug it in again if that doesnt work check for pinched or cut wires in the esc signal wire they can be very small but still cause a problem if you are not getting a green box beside usb connection try another usb cable or another usb port if all els fails theres a hotline you can call for customer service the number should be somwhere in the castle link window sorry so long but i hope this helps
DyrtyByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Wow, i just checked the polarity on the ESC plug that goes onto the Link itself, and i had it wrong. Wow...i feel like such a damn noob lol Thanx for the advice guys!
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote