Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba max pro problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Mamba max pro problem

Just picked up a MMP today for a good price at the LHS. I got home, soldered on a deans and set about programming it to run brushed until my BL motor gets in (it's going in my SCT but I like this forum best.) Problem arose when I finished with programming, I did the tx programming and when done I hooked up the motor and it just jerked really badly like it was still in BL mode. So I reprogrammed the thing about 3 more times and every time the same result, I can throw my losi ESC on it and it works fine but with the castle no dice. Very frustrated and wondering if anyone else has had these issues. I ordered my castle link tonight with the promo card that came with it, but who knows when it'll be here.
cbtu0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Never mind I gave up and went and bought a brushless motor this afternoon to get this thing running. But after doing some reading I have found that some people have had the same problems with the sidewinder, something with certain versions of firmware not allowing manual programming for brushed mode (even thought it goes through the programming process without problem.) That situation requires a firmware update, and since I don't have my Castle link yet I can't do that, not really happy with castle right now, the old max had a usb port, why take it out on the pro?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I had the same prob . When I was forced to buy Castle Link they wouldnt even take my discount code . That said I do love my Pro . Just not very satisfied with the whole ordeal . After buying the Castle Link I couldnt be happier . Been running brushed an my crawler for a few months just went brushless with my old school Bandit . They really are as fast as people say . I can hardly control the car and Im only running 11.1v . End result = I would still probably try a different company just because I feal that I was lied to .
rc_pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you have a problem with a code just call or email CC support - Or PM me even.

CC will take care of you and honor any codes - It is just a waste to send / produce so many CC Links when a lot have one already...
Arct1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I still don't like the fact that you have to have a castle link, the original MM has a built in usb port, why couldn't they just install it in their other esc's. Also what good is the manual program mode if it doesn't work the majority of the time. Don't get me wrong, I like the speed control, just not very happy with a few things to do with it. I bought it because it is extremely versatile and is supposed to handle up to 6s, it will probably find it's way onto the ax10 for some testing with a little outrunner in the near future. I am running it right now with one of the new reedy 540r's at 6100kv in my losi strike and ordered a tacon 3500kv for it also. ($24 from hobbypartz.) The 6100 is for messing around and doing speed runs in parking lots and wide open areas, the 3500 will be used for general bashing around the yard and at the skate park etc.