Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Crazy Glitching!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Crazy Glitching!

I have a losi Moa with running a castle sidewinder, JR XR3 radio and reciever, Hitec 7955, Castle BEC, and Epic 35T Motors. I pulled all the electronics out and mounted them right in the losi. Didnt change anything accept for the way the motors are mounted and I get some severe glitching. I think that i have narrowed it down to the motors, they ran great in my bully, but when the are hooked up in the losi the truck freaks out. It wont let me get to full throttle, jumps forwards and backwards. I guess Im hoping that there is a capacitor that i can put on the motors that will keep the glitching to a minimum. If anyone can tell me what kind i should get to try out and where to get them from (radio shack or where ever). I also tried another reciever to see if that could be the problem and didn't seem to change anything. Any ideas are appreciated.
Laker67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The caps you want are 0.1mF, you can get them at the shack.

I had the same problem with my Losi moa. I tried everything to solve the problem (including caps). I had no success and finally went with a DX3R.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I guess that I have just been using the same radio forever, but how exactly did changing the radio get rid of the glitching?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

the rx goes bad and most people just upgrade u can just get a new rx tho had same problume
t-boner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I tried the other reciever that I have, did the same thing. I know its time to upgrade to a different radio i just need to pick one. But I still don't know how a DX3R would keep the glitching down from any other FM radio?
Old 07-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The DX3R is a 2.4 ghz radio, it is not effected by the noise frequencies generated by electronics such as motors and speed controls. Fm operates on 27 mhz and 75 mhz for surface use.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The Epic motor should already have caps installed in the endbell.

Check your wireing and maybe move the reciever as far as you can from the motor and ESC. Also make sure the antenna wire in not bundled up with other wires and not near the motor.
ThunderVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #8

I'm with ThunderVP on the receiver antenna wire location. Away from the motor and unravelled straight up the tube to avoid glitches. I fell victim to one of those lexan "crawler antenna"s on a WK crawler that wrapped up the antennae and strapped it against the chassis near the motor. "Holy Glitch"! I had to chuck it after replacing an axle lost due to the wild glitching.
Johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote