Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Motors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Motors

Ok, im past the end of my rope with my Novak 55T motor. I am now looking into a 35T for my crawler and was wondering which was better bang for my $$$. I don't want to "spend any more than I need to" on a motor so with that said, which one of these two (or any others) is a better deal.
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=17&page=1 < HH Torque Master Sport ($25)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTRC0&P=7 < Intergy V11 .... "Pro" motor 35T ($35)

As for power to the motor im using a 3S 1300 (range) lipo with a Mamba Max ESC

I have read good reviews on both but wasn't sure what everyone else thought, for me a lot of stuff is an improvement over what i got but i don't want to "buy twice and regret it" Im not comping yet but I want more than enough power when I need it. Tried to mimic a 35T with my 55T and let out some magic smoke in the dumb thing
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

the hh will be a better motor. i run an integy, it works alright. the only reason i bought it was my 65 turn was anoying me and my lhs had the integy 35 turn in stock.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Who's your Daddy-0!

Holmes Hobbies all day long! You should spring for the hand wound though The 35t hand wound is nasty!! You will love the power and speed! And John's customer service is the best There is a reason a lot of the top drivers use HH motors and ESC's!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Holmes Hobbies all day long! You should spring for the hand wound though The 35t hand wound is nasty!! You will love the power and speed! And John's customer service is the best There is a reason a lot of the top drivers use HH motors and ESC's!
X 1,0000
Tklan Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
MODERATOR™

Compare the appearance of your Novak 55 turn motor and the Holmes motor.

Then compare those to the Integy V11.

Whether that copper endbell and different can is worth your ten dollars or not is up to you.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Of those two you have, I'd take the HH. A hand wound is worth the extra money in my opinion. Look at team brood motors as well. contact eddie o and see what he can do for you.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Brood motors, all the way IMO.

But out of those you listed, HH is a better motor
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
Just checking that the "hand wound" is the "pro" motor I took a look at it and needed a mop for all my drool Ill look into it over the 35T, heck my motto is "buy once and be happy, not twice and be mad "

Thanks for the info EeePee, not wiling to spend $10 for looks
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

If your willing to spend the cash, buy a handwound.....you won't be disappointed in the performance difference....

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Keep Crawling in Crawling

If you are looking for a great hand wound I would look into Team Br00d motors. EddieO has a great turn time and he stands behind his work. I have been running Team Br00d motors for a while and the are at the top of my list of motors to run. They have the power and torque you will need. Contact EddieO and he will get you what you need.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

You really want to get ahold of eddie o. I went from a 55t intigey to a 35t brood motor from eddie in my sportsman rig. No noticable loss of torque and a lot more wheel speed. Smooth to boot! I don't think you will be disapointed, I wasn't.
Neutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I've seen a few moa's running the fantom blitz hand wound motors and they have had no problems with anything on them. Think thats what i'll get when my integy goes out
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote