Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: motor esc q's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #1

Question motor esc q's

I have a scx10 I picked up used at the local hobby shop. It came with a traxxas velenion bl system on 7.2 nimh. Last new car I bought was a rs4 racer 2, and have been out of rc's for the past 10 or so years. I am looking for a setup that has the same punch but also has drag brake for crawling. I have looked at goat 3s setup and teking fxr 35t sets. Eventually I would like to get some 3s lipo packs to run. What setup is gonna give me the performance with drag brakes?
ryan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Holmes Hobbies or Tekin is the way to go IMO.

If you ever want to do more than 3s, you'll def. wanna look at the BRXL from HH - it's good for up to 6s.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Same punch as what? The velenion bl system or your old rs4 racer 2 rs4 racer 2? You are not gonna get the same power/punch from a brushed setup as the velenion bl. Brushless is just more efficient, period! The problem with brushless in a crawler is poor low speed and startup control. Even a very good sensored brushless like a tekin rs isn't gonna be as smooth as an average brushed setup. In a basher/trail rig it doesn't matter so much as in a comp rig but it is still a pain when ya are doing technical stuff. But a fast trail rig is a ton of fun too. The other problem with good sensored systems is the cost but if that is ok with ya go for a mmpro or better yet a rs with @ a 17.5 motor on 3s. That ought to give ya the punch!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote